News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Started by viper37, July 21, 2020, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

It's a boring game, imho.  There's not much going on but fighting various critters and people who are each a variation of one another, sometimes, a boss fight with ultra limited space and some kind of hyper quick combination of buttons to be mashed furiously in some order or another - I still haven't figured that part out. They go from extremely easy to extremely hard, for an old geeser like me used to mouse&keyboard controls, at least. 

I hear kids have an easy time with this, compared to Darksouls.
Not much variation in the planets either, textures change, but the same general layout is there, and you're always limited to one path to go in, one path to get out.  Sometimes you got to return to a place and crawl back through 3/4 of the maps to reach your objective, defeating all the same critters again&again.

Also, you can't save anywhere you want, you've got these save points here&there, that can also recharge your life and force meter, as well as respawn ennemies.
I'm 3/4 in, not much excitement, nothing that made me say "wow".  The characters are blend, there's no progression in the weapons or uniforms, it's all cosmetic. The story is kinda linear and predictable.  I mean, make a game in the recent Star Wars past, between Episode III and IV, and you kinda know how it will end, but despite that, you can generally see how things will go on each planets.

5/10, because it's Star Wars.

It will have some appeal to those of you used to controllers and fight games, like Mortal Kombat, DarkSouls and such, I guess.  But static background with some big creature repeating the same moves where the only difficulty is knowing which commands to press one isn't appealing at all to me.

I wish I had returned it before.  Oh well.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.