How far back can family histories be traced? Not for us, but for other people.

Started by alfred russel, July 20, 2009, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Family history begins in my family with arrival into the South in the 1600's. Everything else is strictly THE DEEP PAST, and such.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

BuddhaRhubarb

A lot of people descended from aristocracy (some that still are and some that aren't)  can trace back to say Hastings or so but before that, it all gets thinner and harder to have more than one source. I wonder about in Asia. Some rich families are way old in Japan...
:p

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 20, 2009, 08:28:43 PM
Family history begins in my family with arrival into the South in the 1600's. Everything else is strictly THE DEEP PAST, and such.

In Deepest Africa.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 20, 2009, 09:29:00 PM
A lot of people descended from aristocracy (some that still are and some that aren't)  can trace back to say Hastings or so but before that, it all gets thinner and harder to have more than one source. I wonder about in Asia. Some rich families are way old in Japan...

You remember all your ancestors to if you had to go out back and worship and placate them ever day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017