News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Peat moss fire

Started by viper37, June 19, 2020, 02:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Link with video
One of our client, Lambert Peat moss.  Among the biggest peat moss in the area, just behind Premier Tech.
There's talk of evacuating the nearby villages if the wind shifts, my friend just called me asking if she can come over here with her kids.

Totally out of control, underground fire, huge smoke cloud.  Forest fire fighters have been called (SOPFEU).  they'll need to dig trenches to manage stopping this.

the lands where the fire is located touches many neighbourhing farms and houses in these two villages, many of our clients are located nearby. Someone from the extended family lives right next to item they have a farm and they may be forced to evacuate.  Her sister received the pictures an hour ago but no news since then.  They're probably busy making preparations in case they need to go :(

As it began:
A few minutes later:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

:( Hope it doesn't get too bad.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

That picture was taken 2km dowhhill from where I live.  Cant's see the smoke from here, but I'm guessing it's visible from my Dad's home on the other side of the street.

Doesn't look good right now :(

https://leplacoteux.com/2020/06/spectaculaire-incendie-aux-tourbieres-lambert/

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

we had a bog fire here a couple of decades ago - it took months to finally go out.

viper37

yeah, I don't know how long it's gonna take.  The fire is about 46ha wide and under control for now, but there's lots of smoke, and nearby and not so nearby villages are under advisory they may need to evacuate if the smoke does not diminish by morning.

The worst seems to have been avoided.

viper37

ugh.  the wind has shifted.  There's an awful smell of smoke that gets to my throat an I'm 15km away.  My friend is neared and just called me, she had to shut down her AC and it even comes in her home through the windows closed, she's talking to her girls, see if they cross over.  She says she can't breath at all when she opens the door, so I told her to press a wet rag on her face while/if she goes to her car. 

And obviously, she's nearing a panic attack.  Maybe telling her the worst case scenario was she would suffocate in her sleep and never noticed it was bad idea earlier...  :ph34r:

viper37

Official shelter in place now, windows closed, etc.  Lots of smoke outside :(

The sky is dark and full of terrors.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Traffic from the highway has been diverted, the fire has expanded with the wind.  It's also a forest fire now, 120 ha burnt as of now :(

Thank Brain :)