And we're back!

Main Menu

The Bolton book.

Started by Razgovory, June 17, 2020, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2020, 08:52:43 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 17, 2020, 08:47:28 PM
Since you betrayed him, how do I know if you won't betray me?

Trump has betrayed about every person who's worked for him.  Does it work both ways?

It doesn't.  Bureaucrats don't betray our bosses.  That's the end.  What the politicians do is their thing. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on June 17, 2020, 09:03:25 PM

Trump has betrayed about every person who's worked for him.  Does it work both ways?

It doesn't.  Bureaucrats don't betray our bosses.  That's the end.  What the politicians do is their thing. 

Again Bolton is not a civil servant like us.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2020, 09:04:41 PM

I would imagine that ethical considerations still apply. 

Admiral Yi

Why doesn't the same logic that to bosses?

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2020, 09:08:14 PM

Why doesn't the same logic that to bosses?

I obey my boss and my boss obeys his boss.  Just because my boss breaks the rules doesn't mean I can break the rules.  Just because someone murders another person doesn't mean I can murder someone, right?  Just because Trump does his thing doesn't mean someone can betray him. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on June 17, 2020, 09:07:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2020, 09:04:41 PM

I would imagine that ethical considerations still apply. 

You would imagine wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Monoriu

I would imagine that politicians should behave in an even more ethical manner than civil servants. 

Eddie Teach

What planet are you from?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on June 17, 2020, 09:33:52 PM
I would imagine that politicians should behave in an even more ethical manner than civil servants. 

I can see the need to be apolitical if you are a civil servant, but guys like Bolton do have an obligation to blow the whistle if they feel like a President is hurting the country or his party.

DGuller

Why are we wasting our time on the troll?

Eddie Teach

Because he got elected President.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Regardless of whether or not the book is a true account of events, nothing stated in the article particularly shocked or surprised me at this point. :mellow:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2020, 11:19:33 PM
Regardless of whether or not the book is a true account of events, nothing stated in the article particularly shocked or surprised me at this point. :mellow:

I was legitimately surprised he asked Xi to help him win re-election. I thought he hated the Chinese.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2020, 11:22:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2020, 11:19:33 PM

I was legitimately surprised he asked Xi to help him win re-election. I thought he hated the Chinese.

Trump was quite fond of Xi at some point.  He likes strong leaders. 

Syt

Doesn't mean he doesn't try to exploit them for his means.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.