News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars: Squadrons

Started by Syt, June 12, 2020, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Very interested, but also holding off for now. Will wait on reviews, etc., and then start researching what kind of setup I'd need.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2020, 03:17:11 PM
Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2020, 02:58:28 PM
I am very much so. :) Just pondering if I should bother swiftly relocating to the Pacific to start playing it half a day earlier.

Supposedly it is released world-wide at midnight in London, which should be 5pm MDT.

Ah. Well, the preload is 26GB and slow to download so its moot anyways. :) Defo playing it tomorrow though. Slightly anxious though. :D TIE Fighter was one of THE game of my teens, I doubt I am young enough to feel the same way about this game, and it might be a letdown because of that.

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on October 01, 2020, 03:19:35 PM
Very interested, but also holding off for now. Will wait on reviews, etc., and then start researching what kind of setup I'd need.

Reviews are coming in - currently an 81 on Metacritic.

That being said it's never a bad idea to wait for a 1st patch.

The campaign is supposed to be short and kind-of walks through the different kinds of ships.  I think you have to unlock all the different setups through play though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

I mean "setup" as in what kind of flying-game rig I need, like a joystick, etc.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on October 01, 2020, 04:56:06 PM
I mean "setup" as in what kind of flying-game rig I need, like a joystick, etc.  :P

Game is set up for both VR and a HOTAS.  I have a HOTAS rig from when I was playing Elite:Dangerous that I'm going to put into use.

Apparently though due to the popularity of MS Flight Sim they're hard to come by right now.

Habbaku

I do have a full VR setup already.  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

I'm waiting for Ea play to join Gamepass.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

OMG I suck  :lol:

Less so since I realised I just had to heavily change default settings picked up for my Saitek - roll and yaw got switched up, and it autoassigned throttle to one of the small turning bits on the HOTAS instead of, you know, the throttle.

Otherwise what I miss during the first mission is the old match-the-target's-speed function from the old games. That was handy.

Barrister

It's saying the game has not been released yet. :mad:

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2020, 06:29:05 PM

Just buy it you can preload and then -I assume- launch. I didn't realise it'd release at 11PM here, just notice the play button on Steam as I was about to go to sleep an hour ago. :D

i think this will be great but I need to learn it and possibly further customise joystick settings.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2020, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2020, 06:29:05 PM

Just buy it you can preload and then -I assume- launch. I didn't realise it'd release at 11PM here, just notice the play button on Steam as I was about to go to sleep an hour ago. :D

i think this will be great but I need to learn it and possibly further customise joystick settings.

I did pre-load it (I love fibre internet - took less than 20 minutes).

It's ok though - don't have time to play right now.

Grey Fox

Which platform did you pick, BB?

Barrister

PC

If the kids get really into it, I'll buy it for PS4 as well.

Grey Fox

Barrister

Still not quite sure when this game unlocks... :(