JK Rowling reveals she is survivor of domestic abuse and sexual assault

Started by garbon, June 11, 2020, 07:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

Neo-nazis should really start to concealed carry at these rallies.

Zoupa

chipwich

They will be able to legally murder their enemies, at least with US self-defense laws.. A good bloodbath might give the left some pause in glorifying violence as you do. Consequences of your actions and all that.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on August 14, 2020, 11:12:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2020, 03:53:32 PM
The freedom to cancel is freedom speech.  Your argument isn't that freedom of speech can't survive while there are prohibitive consequences, your argument boils down to "freedom of speech is incoherent."
like planting a fire cross in front of your new neighbours to welcome them in town.  It's freedom of expression.

It is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: chipwich on August 15, 2020, 12:50:55 AM
They will be able to legally murder their enemies, at least with US self-defense laws.. A good bloodbath might give the left some pause in glorifying violence as you do. Consequences of your actions and all that.

Yeah, that already happened.  Try again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

I think as usual the optimum is somewhere in the middle, but it might be interesting to note that "cancel culture" was how the communist regime maintained control of Hungary from roughly 1960 onwards.

For dissent they usually didn't imprison you, but rather made it impossible to work in your field or get anywhere in life. Worked great to keep educated people in line and to easily recruit people to be informants. But as long as you kept your mouth shut and your opinion to yourself, you were left largely alone.

The same system is being built in Hungary again and I would imagine is how Russia and similar regimes operate as well.

Zoupa

Look at you all cute, defending Nazis on the internet. Edgy, as garb said.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2020, 01:10:15 AM
The freedom to cancel is freedom speech.  Your argument isn't that freedom of speech can't survive while there are prohibitive consequences, your argument boils down to "freedom of speech is incoherent."
like planting a fire cross in front of your new neighbours to welcome them in town.  It's freedom of expression.

It is.

Also trespassing, destruction of private property, arguably arson.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2020, 03:08:46 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2020, 01:10:15 AM

It is.

Also trespassing, destruction of private property, arguably arson.

If it's on their property.  If it's on your own property, and directed as a welcome to your neighbor, there is still reckless burning and disorderly conduct (and with perhaps the irony of actually being used appropriately instead of as a catch-all excuse to pick someone up).

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on August 14, 2020, 11:06:15 PM

So you want to protect terrorists and neo-nazi scums?  good.  You have a future waiting for you at the end of law school.

I'm not sure how you intended me to respond to this but being a lawyer working for the ACLU is not a terrible fate.

merithyn

You're a special kind of person, aren't you?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Valmy

Yeah nobody else glorifies violence except people with very specific political opinions :hmm:

Anyway I think most left wing people are as against violence as anybody else. Get your head out of your propaganda for a second.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2020, 02:51:51 PM

Yeah nobody else glorifies violence except people with very specific political opinions :hmm:

Anyway I think most left wing people are as against violence as anybody else. Get your head out of your propaganda for a second.

You know, he might have been talking about just Zoupa.