News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Portugal Day to all of you!

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 10, 2020, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2020, 10:51:09 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2020, 10:25:01 AM
:cheers:

I'd do something Portuguese to honor you guys today, but I can't think of anything.  Any suggestions? :D

Eat a bifana sandwich.

Or the glory of Porto, the "Francesinha", true testament about artery-clogging food being universal and not an American exclusive.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on June 10, 2020, 10:53:05 AM
Get some pasteis de nata if you can.

Ok, you gave me a good reason to go ASAP to the Portuguese bakery downtown.  :lol:

Also, picanha (admitedly Brazilian rather than Portuguese, but also very common over there).  :mmm:

Man, I really miss being able to go to Portugal since the lockdown started, for me it doesn't really count as going abroad as I live less than one hour away from the border. Apparently we won't be able to visit the country until July.

Sheilbh

Yeah - going to the Portuguese shop down the road now to get some natas. And probably some bacalhau :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 10, 2020, 10:45:41 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 10, 2020, 10:26:41 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2020, 10:25:01 AM
:cheers:

I'd do something Portuguese to honor you guys today, but I can't think of anything.  Any suggestions? :D

Eat cod and long for home.

With some Portuguese white wine. :) You can try vinho verde if the weather is hot.

I'll seek out some vinho verde, as it is a bit hot.  If all else fails, I'll just do my wife since she's part Portuguese :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall