The Fall of Languish a (heavily modded) Rimworld AAR

Started by Razgovory, May 10, 2020, 12:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Based on the screenshots I seem to be sleeping a lot.  :zzz
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2020, 02:41:34 AM

Yeah, you don't give me a lot of problems.  You don't run around starting fires or screaming at people or running into the forest pretending to be an animal.  I ran into two serious problems though:

Tim decided to light my oil tanks on fire and I while I was able to build a nuclear reactor I have no idea how to operate it.  The mod throws up a new screen with fuel rods and stuff.  I have a feeling many people will get irradiating by the end of this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on May 18, 2020, 11:43:16 AMYeah, you don't give me a lot of problems.  You don't run around starting fires or screaming at people or running into the forest pretending to be an animal. 

Just like real life. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on May 18, 2020, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2020, 02:41:34 AM

Yeah, you don't give me a lot of problems.  You don't run around starting fires or screaming at people or running into the forest pretending to be an animal.  I ran into two serious problems though:

Tim decided to light my oil tanks on fire and I while I was able to build a nuclear reactor I have no idea how to operate it.  The mod throws up a new screen with fuel rods and stuff.  I have a feeling many people will get irradiating by the end of this.

:hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I'd like to point out that I don't really do much editing before posting these.  They are all first drafts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

You don't have to worry about the reactor. RBMK reactors don't explode.

Sophie Scholl

:cry: Thus endeth the story of Kumiko "Bendict Arnold" Newman. May he find more success in the afterlife writing songs about his missing heart.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

I am not sure how my job translated to you as "intimate assassin" :unsure:

So...did Valmy get that nervous breakdown? :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 01:13:04 PM
I am not sure how my job translated to you as "intimate assassin" :unsure:

So...did Valmy get that nervous breakdown? :cry:

Oh yeah, she gets has a break down every other day.  Well until I started growing large amounts of pot.  That's helped things quite a bit.  Also, beer.

Can you actually suffer withdrawal or chemical dependency from pot?

You know who also loves beer?  Cats.  Cats running into my store rooms, drinking a bottle of beer and then blacking out is a regular occurrence.  Several cats of have died of cirrhosis.

celedhring

I seem to still be alive and not making much of a fuss. I'll take that.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

As long as I live longer and can laud that fact over the brain I'm ok.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

How I died and then got arrested.

Our long term plan has always been to move underground.  To do this have we have been working on a nuclear power plant.  We finally got the reactor finished and I got this screen.

Turns out that operating a nuclear power plant is fairly difficult.  It took us a while, but we eventually discovered that we need uranium fuel rods to actually put in the power plant.  You live, you learn.

The crown has not set lightly on my head, and I have become suspicious of the people of Languish.  I can feel their eyes on me, judging me!  I can hear the whispers, I know what they are thinking.  So yeah, I went a little crazy. 

We received a request from the Empire asking us to distract an entire base killer robots.  Normally that would be stupid, but I have an ace in the hole!  During our last raid we discovered an orbital targeting device.  All we need is to target the bad robots and big laser beam will come from the sky to destroy them.

We signaled the bad robots and they landed their base near ours.  And what do you know?  They brought Siege with them!

Or maybe that's just the name of all the Mechanoid tanks.  Siege or not, we had his number.  We also got some support from the Empire.  A soldier with a Greek name, fancy armor and doom rocket arrived to help us.  Not that we need it, we armed Tamas with the laser thing.  Time to Rock and Roll!

The beam came down, and destroyed some of the building but didn't kill the mechanoids!  Tamas ran like Hell, but got shot in the back severing his spine (we built Tamas a new spine so he's fine).  We sent the Imperial Greek guy down there but he had a leg shot off and bled to death.  We made a full attack and eventually over ran the mechanoids.  A whole bunch of got hurt, but only Alfred Russel died.  The lack of a brain was apparently detrimental.  Well, she's rock climbing with the angels now.  Well mostly mostly just Alfred Russel died.  A lurker named Daverache lost a leg and died when we tried to put a prosthetic on him.  His death was quite a bit after the battle because we put him in Cryo casket to chill for a bit and only took him out several days later.

After defeating the bad robots we another crisis: Giant insects.  They burrowed underneath our base and dug their way that cryo-sleep chamber that I discovered and integrated into the base.  We had a little warning time before the bugs broke through and came up with cunning plan.  Garbon would throw firebombs into the room and when the bugs arrived they would be killed by the fire or the super heated air.

This plan should have worked.  Ideally the bugs would have come up, overheated and died before the fire destroyed the valuable cryo-sleep caskets.  Full Disclosure: the cryo-sleep caskets were occupied at the time.   Some of you people piss me off and I put you in the caskets rather their dealing with your stupid bullshit.  Gups kept getting stoned and then needing rescue so I put her on ice.  Anyway, the problem with the plan was that people kept trying to break into the burning bug room to put out the fire.  Somebody got through and released a bunch of very hot giants spiders. 

We did manage to kill all the bugs but we lost Sav, CCR, Malthus, St. Jabba and Crazy Canuck.  Technically most of them died from heat stroke while being bandaged up.  The hallways got to a temperature of 170 degrees.  "This plan should have worked" might as well be the slogan of the colony of Languish.

I'll pick this up tomorrow.

The Brain