Is Shopping Cart Theory Correct

Yes
13 (92.9%)
No
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 18, 2020, 03:22:28 AM
I would put them back if I went to a big enough supermarket. I return the basket :)

Same.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

I'd note the one time I don't return it is when the grocery store can't be bothered to take carts out of the collection points in the parking lot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

The worst are people who leave it filling up a parking space.

PRC

Return the cart to the corral, this is what is right and honourable.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

I think a better litmus test on this subject would be peoples individual response to the coronavirus.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Always return.  Sometimes I let it roll by itself to see if it will hit a car, but I return it the cart place afterwords.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: mongers on May 18, 2020, 10:25:01 AM
I think a better litmus test on this subject would be peoples individual response to the coronavirus.

If I had the coronavirus, I would return it to the corral with the other shopping carts.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Virtually everyone puts them back here. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2020, 10:00:44 AM
The worst are people who leave it filling up a parking space.

:lol: :ph34r:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Topically, I saw this campaign poster by Magistrate Department 48 (aka MA48, "The 48ers", they're in charge of all things waste management related):

"Help, I'm being kidnapped!"

Apparently there's a €50 fine if you're caught. Still not aware that this would be a major problem, even when I was living in the 10th or 20th district.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

It's usually one of the key signs of a rough estate that there's abandoned trolleys about the place. Apparently they are very common in waterways too.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 19, 2020, 01:33:37 PM
It's usually one of the key signs of a rough estate that there's abandoned trolleys about the place. Apparently they are very common in waterways too.

What if it is like 7 of them all stacked up neatly? Asking for a friend.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2020, 09:58:01 AM
I'd note the one time I don't return it is when the grocery store can't be bothered to take carts out of the collection points in the parking lot.

I always return it UNLESS there isn't a cart return corrale within 60 feet or 10 parking spaces. At that point, the store has only itself to blame. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...