News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Roll20 RPG Game

Started by Berkut, April 18, 2020, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

So I have started DMing one DnD 5E session on Roll20, and am playing in another. And, well, it's a lot of fun.

I would like to guage the interest in a Languish group to get together regularly for a RPG group on Roll20.

Personally, I would not mind trying a different system from DnD, just to check out another flavor. Maybe Pathfinder?

Anyway, is anyone else

1. Interested
2. Willing and able to dedicate themselves to playing say at least every other week?

And if so, is anyone interested in running it, and what opinions do people have about systems other than DnD and their implementation on Roll20? Or some other VTT I guess?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

fromtia

I'm all about it.

I've been a DM a few times, but not for an age and I would prefer not to do that part. I'm keen to show up and fight monsters/rescue Prince or Princess, vanquish evil doers.

Call of Cthulu is a lot of fun. I've not played 5e but played 1e endlessly and more recently Hackmaster, a 1e spoof.

My personal favourite is Runequest, by streets, but Bronze Age mystical weirdness isn't for everyone.

Assuming quarantine/Unemployment/general disaster continues obviously. If I go back to work next week I may not be able to commit.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Oexmelin

I am running a Blades in the Dark campaign (and unfortunately do not have the time to commit to another TTRPG) but I heavily recommend the setting and the rules. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Hansmeister

I'd be interested. I've played quite a lot of 5e on Roll20. And I've played almost every system under the sun, except pathfinder.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 18, 2020, 03:42:39 PM
I am running a Blades in the Dark campaign (and unfortunately do not have the time to commit to another TTRPG) but I heavily recommend the setting and the rules.

Blades in the dark sounds quite interesting, I ran a Dusk City Outlaws one shot that has a similar feel a few months ago.

Oexmelin

The setting (a band of scoundrels in a corrupt city, more or less under quarantine...) has proven useful for my group of 30-40 somethings with families, distance, etc. It means players can come and go easily according to life circumstances
Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

I would potentially be all over this.

But I suspect time zones will ruin it (for me).  With pandemic we've relaxed bedtimes - my boys are in bed by 9pm MDT - which is 11pm EDT (for Berkie).

But I dunno - if it's once every other week, maybe I can convince Mrs B to take care of bedtimes.  My tabletop RPD skills are pretty rusty though - mostly from 80s games (though I think I played every 80s RPG known to man), with a smattering of 90s games in university, and nothing since.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

I'm interested. I'm currently in one game where we play via Skype now, but our meetings were sporadic in the best of times.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

I am interested but I have not played a Pnp RPG since D&D 3rd edition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fromtia

So, that's a few of us, when are we playing?

PDH

I would potentially jump in, but I am in two extent game groups meeting via Google chat right now.  Any more and I would have to quit my job
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

I haven't seen anyone agree to DM yet, and we have not agreed on a system either.

I would vote for Pathfinder...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

fromtia

I would be happy to play whatever the majority decides on. Pathfinder, absolutely, I'm in.