News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

XCom new game?

Started by katmai, April 15, 2020, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

War of the Chosen is a better game in every way than Vanilla X-Com 2...

The Larch

And it's out! Who'll be the first one to get it?  :P

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on April 16, 2020, 08:53:24 PM

What is this picture showing us?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2020, 04:58:19 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 16, 2020, 08:53:24 PM

What is this picture showing us?

That he's played the game a lot and is sitll playing it nowadays, after many years?

garbon

Well it doesn't seem to show anything about War of the Chosen vs vanilla.

All I saw was 47 full days of gameplay. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: The Larch on April 24, 2020, 04:06:53 AM
And it's out! Who'll be the first one to get it?  :P

I had it preordered, so I guess I won?  I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

FunkMonk

I've played it for about 5 hours.

It's XCOM but faster. I like it a lot.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

My main team so far consists of:

A shotgun-wielding black lady who can practically instantly kill anything anywhere on the map with a 3-turn cool down

An alien monk who runs in, punches an enemy so hard that they can't move, and then pops an ability that makes them immune to damage.

An alien-human hybrid that gives everyone invincibility shields and charges into enemies.

An Asian lady that can heal anybody for free with no cool down, as well as pin enemies down to delay their turn or give someone else a free action.

This is without grenades and items that manipulate turn order.

The synergies are pretty awesome.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

I also bought the game during the weekend, but I haven't yet been able to play it much. My first impressions are good, though, I quite like the Breach mode, and the multi-stage mission setup. Also, it seems that the game is not quite as deadly, so a more agressive style is sometimes not quite the death sentence that might be in the regular X-Com, where a much more cautious approach is normally the warranted one.