More than a couple months and there will be serious issues
15 (36.6%)
I can handle a couple weeks more
2 (4.9%)
That ship has already sailed
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

mongers

I think other family members are more likely to crack first before I do, but that'll be annoying as I'll have to deal with the consequences.  <_<

Though no immediate sign yet of dangerous or irrational behaviour.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

I'm doing okay.  Work is the same for me as I've been doing the WFH thing since late 2015.  Kids are handling it fine, though Tommy and I are really missing baseball-- his season should have started a week and a half ago and there is no live MLB on TV.  My daughter misses her friends but otherwise seems to prefer doing her schoolwork from home.

Wife is not happy.  She got tired of working from the dining room table and moved up to where her makeup desk is in the bedroom.  She was complaining about that early this morning.  Funny thing is I have a desk with plenty of space right next to mine in the basement but she won't move there because we'd probably kill each other.  She misses her office interaction, and she misses her old routine including the hour it took every morning to get ready.  But all that said, she is handling it better than expected and only came close to losing it once.

I've been drinking more beer recently (I had cut way back in previous months).  I keep buying from 3 local breweries to help them out and I try to give away as much as I can to my neighbors and other friends.  But a lot of it ends up in my fridge, and most of it is in growlers so you gotta drink that stuff while it's fresh.  To add to that, there is an odd form of peer pressure that has popped up in the form of virtual happy hours via Zoom/Facebook. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

I'm fine, working from home works well. I don't mind so much the lack of places to go and things to do as I'm mostly a stay at home type anyway. Practicing my inner hermit.   :cool: That said, I do find that I try to get out into the neighborhood more to see and speak to people. And I keep in touch more with friends and relatives, especially the older ones, to see how things are going.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2020, 08:17:33 AM
durka
Ok, I answered the first as a joke.

But really, I am not making much (2000$/month), but I'm not spending much.  I am lucky that my mortgage and car payments are postponed until July, otherwise I'd be in deep shit with that few $$.

I miss my family and my friends.  And I need my physiotherapist to help me repair the damages from my last accident.

I'm used to go to a restaurant at least once a week, I quite enjoy eating outside the house, even at McD ;)  Taking a slow breakfast/lunch and reading the day's paper.  It's relaxing and I miss that.

Not being able to afford good wine too, I miss a lot.

And the empty beer bottles that no one wants to touch... I'll need a pick-up and a trailer to bring them to the store when they finally take it :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

You know. I think I'm kind of at cracking point. The same environment every day business is leaving me unable to get any work done.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Same here, this week my productivity has plummeted. I feel scatterbrained, which kinda feeds into a loop of making me more anxious because I'm not getting anything done.

Also, my family has began flooding our WhatsApp group with tiktok videos which feeds the madness of it tall.

Admiral Yi

My sleep cycle is totally fucked.

katmai

I had to do 14 days of self isolation with only leaving my house for fresh air in front yard. No one allowed inside either. So now that I'm on day six of actually getting out I'm fine. Along with spring finally hitting Alaska it's making the prospect of getting out and enjoying nature ( which the state mandates allow) look all that more attractive.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Monoriu

Iormlund

Not Yi but I have the same issue.

In my case if I don't have to go to work for over 2 weeks I tend to stay up all night. It's been like that for 20 years at least.

The Larch

Make it three, I think my sleep cycle, already quite messed up in regular circumstances, went completely bonkers after just a week or two.

Tamas

Weaklings. :P

The solution is called an alarm clock. Smartphones work as well.

And I get the same environment bit but I have that with the office as well.

Maladict

My 'natural' sleep period is 4am to noon, that's what I will revert to if I'm not held accountable.
It's hard enough getting up to go to the office, working from home it's even harder. The only way I manage is planning video meetings at 9am, I'll have to be there and look presentable.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on April 17, 2020, 05:10:18 AM
Weaklings. :P

The solution is called an alarm clock. Smartphones work as well.

And I get the same environment bit but I have that with the office as well.

I can have several alarms sounding for hours and not wake up. Believe me, I've tried it.  :P