The Coronavirus Pandemic Demonstrates the Failures of Capitalism

Started by garbon, March 26, 2020, 05:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2020, 05:16:12 PM
One of the benefits of the universal medical system is that private doctors in their own clinical settings can shift fairly seamlessly into other areas that need their assistance and so they can still provide services they can bill for although admittedly some will make less because the work being done is at a lower per hour code than the services they would normally perform.

In cases like this, it would be the only way those doctors' private offices would stay open, because non-essential medical has been stopped for the time being.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 29, 2020, 07:03:12 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2020, 06:02:33 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 29, 2020, 05:26:43 PM
One of the benefits of the universal medical system is that private doctors in their own clinical settings can shift fairly seamlessly into other areas that need their assistance and so they can still provide services they can bill for although admittedly some will make less because the work being done is at a lower per hour code than the services they would normally perform.

But how does that help the wealthy?

It is a failing I fully acknowledge.  But joking aside, doctors here earn more than enough to put them within the top 1% in Canada by a wide margin.

Not the doctors. The CEOs and boards of directors. You know, job creators. Without them we wouldn't have any hospitals at all.

:D

Syt

It is a failing I fully acknowledge.  But joking aside, doctors here earn more than enough to put them within the top 1% in Canada by a wide margin.

Not the doctors. The CEOs and boards of directors. You know, job creators. Without them we wouldn't have any hospitals at all.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-coronavirus-cases-climbed-private-equity-owned-hospital-faced-closure-11587893400
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Hilarious. I'm glad we have another person trying this shtick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2020, 01:24:30 AM

If it bothers you so much you should have voted for Bernie  :P

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on April 30, 2020, 05:00:35 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2020, 01:24:30 AM

If it bothers you so much you should have voted for Bernie  :P

I don't see how that would have stopped the joke complaints unless one believes that Bernie would actually be capable of dismantling capitalism. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

It's an all-too-accurate parody of supply sider rhetoric.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?