49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2021, 08:29:20 PM
Evening before last I popped into a supermarket, first time in a week; seems that mask wearing is really dropping off, I counted 6 masked customers, incl.me, out of at least a couple of dozen, so about a 25% rate.  <_<
Its interesting how it differs by area.
I go to one nearby shopping area- firmly working class area.... No masks apart from on a few elderly people.
I go to another, in a weird place in between a working class area, a non-working class area, and a rather more middle class area...everyone has masks.
In a posh area...again no masks
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Here in the red neck part of Washington, I see only a few folks not wearing masks in the supermarkets and The Wal-Mart.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Where are you Before?  Spokane?

KRonn

In Massachusetts it's pretty mixed mask wearing, about half wearing and half not. I'm actually a bit surprised at how many are not wearing.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2021, 08:22:34 PM

Nah, he is west-side WA redneck.  It's not all just Seattle.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2021, 08:22:34 PM

Mason County, Western Washington.

Those are hillbillies and weirdos out east.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Think Loren Culp  for the East side hillbillies.

Syt

Went to my corner café for the first time since the lockdown last year. You need to prove vaccination or that you've been tested negative on entry. The checks were ... very cursory. E.g. the waiter just looked at the QR code on my app but didn't verify that I was the person listed in the document. Restaurants are supposed to take contact details from patrons and store them for 2 weeks for contact tracing purposes. The way they handle it is a QR code on the table that links to a registration website. As far as I could tell I was the only one doing this.

The place was busy between 9 and 10 but not as much as it normally would be. There's usually a mix of tourists and locals (often professionals meeting up in the café). Few locals today, and more tourists (Eastern Europeans, Germans, Swiss, French, from what I heard).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

I found France to be very strict, always asking for a QR code when entering a public space or transit. And many people wearing masks on the streets (they don't have to). In Germany, I wasn't asked once in hotels or restaurants, nor on the trains. A very counterintuitive experience  :D

Syt

So the official guidance here now says that risk groups (including me) should get a third shot 6 months after the second, everyone else nine months later. Guess I will need to get a 3rd shot on Christmas Eve, then. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on August 27, 2021, 04:36:42 AM
I found France to be very strict, always asking for a QR code when entering a public space or transit. And many people wearing masks on the streets (they don't have to). In Germany, I wasn't asked once in hotels or restaurants, nor on the trains. A very counterintuitive experience  :D

OTOH, they don't nor can't ask for IDs in restaurants so it's very easy to get in with a fake QR code or the one from a friend.
Some really clever ones even bough fake ones for 300 €  :lol: or  :cry:

Tamas

Somehow I managed to ignore that in addition  to the Amber Country specific stuff we must show negative tests to be allowed boarding our plane back to England. Only noticed it today morning. Ran off for PCR test and in theory the results should arrive in time but barely, and if they are positive we can't enter England despite being fully vaccinated and in my case a citizen. Ridiculous.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2021, 04:56:02 PM
Somehow I managed to ignore that in addition  to the Amber Country specific stuff we must show negative tests to be allowed boarding our plane back to England. Only noticed it today morning. Ran off for PCR test and in theory the results should arrive in time but barely, and if they are positive we can't enter England despite being fully vaccinated and in my case a citizen. Ridiculous.

:(

Hope it works out OK for you and family.

Otherwise we'll miss you.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

An Arizona friend of mine and his wife both got Covid but fortunately only minor symptoms. My friend has diabetes so he worried more about Covid, but both are vaccinated so that must have kept down the symptoms.

A woman I work with, who sits across the aisle from me, was with a friend of hers who found out she had Covid almost a week after they got together. My coworker worked all that week before finding out her friend had Covid. I was only in the office one day that week but several of us stayed out for a couple weeks, worked from home. None of us got any symptoms.

Zanza

Quote from: Maladict on August 27, 2021, 04:36:42 AM
At least for a while (I think they changed or will change soon?) the rule was they only need to ask at a certain level of infections and we were below that level since June. I understood that will change now with rising case numbers.