I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Grey Fox

I think this is the only time where Grumbler quotes me and doesn't give me shit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2021, 03:18:42 PM
Kinda.

But it's too cold right now to actually do protests. Quebec's got a curfew too.

I was asking more about people bitching and squawking inside stores.  You know, Karens.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2021, 08:57:57 PM
I think this is the only time where Grumbler quotes me and doesn't give me shit.

:huh:  I may sometimes disagree with you, but I don't give you shit.  I never, for instance (unlike others) given you shit when you use a wrong word in English.  I give shit to the arrogant (being arrogant myself sometimes), but think you are a great guy who adds a lot to the forum.

I'd be glad to see evidence to the contrary.  Maybe you are seeing something I am doing inadvertently.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2021, 03:51:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2021, 03:18:42 PM
Kinda.

But it's too cold right now to actually do protests. Quebec's got a curfew too.

I was asking more about people bitching and squawking inside stores.  You know, Karens.

:hmm: Not that I know of. Our covidiots bitch on social media. Our most vocal issue is those that want to go on vacation in the south anyway.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 01, 2021, 01:00:14 PM
Got the first jab today.  Not a zombie yet.  :(

Only side effect so far is the sore arm...feels like when I had a bruise on the arm from being nipped by a horse a year or so back...but without the bruise discoloration. 

But most of the effects (flu-like symptoms, cold chills, etc) are supposed to come after jab #2.

PDH

As long as the side effects aren't worse than the 2nd Shingles Vaccine I got - that sucked for about 10 hours.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

Addendum - on the Google reviews page for Five Guys, someone posted the full menu if people want tot see the prices. Reviews are either 1 or 5, with nothing in between. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

There is a Five Guys in my hometown that opened a few weeks before the pandemic. Never went there, but before the virus, there were queues outside. There are plenty of good burger places in my town though. Not sure what makes them supposedly special.

celedhring

There's a few in Barcelona, they opened them a couple years ago. I wasn't a fan when I lived in the US, so haven't checked them out.

Then again, I loved Jack In The Box  :blush:

Grey Fox

@Syt What's the Oil use for the frying?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2021, 01:54:48 PM

I'm guessing peanut oil, based on the fact that underneath fries it says "cooked in peanut oil."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2021, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2021, 01:54:48 PM

I'm guessing peanut oil, based on the fact that underneath fries it says "cooked in peanut oil."

You have a keen eye!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2021, 05:29:48 PM
You have a keen eye!

I found it strange that a menu in Austria (I assumed) would be written entirely in English, so I was reading through it to see if there were any cases where they had translated.

crazy canuck

Picture the scene.  A family run restaurant in a small town in Northern Italy.   The grandmother, who does all the cooking, comes out to see us. She is very happy we are there.  Her grandson, who speaks passable English, translates for us. I ask her what her specialty is.  She absolutely glows with pride as she points to the menu item which is translated as "overcooked horsemeat".

What is one to do, I order it.  And it turns out to be an amazing slow cooked dish.

On the way out I leave a written note of the correct translation for the grandson.