I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Admiral Yi

Stimulus received last week, unemployment top up not received this week. :unsure:

crazy canuck

Hearing about the infections going up in Ontario - be safe Malthus and Sask  :)

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 08, 2021, 07:24:37 PM
Hearing about the infections going up in Ontario - be safe Malthus and Sask  :)

I think the whole world is gonna 'burn' before we eventually get the measure of this virus.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

So today's test was not a nose stab, just a throat stab, and apparently that's enough? :unsure:

If we're rejected at the German border tomorrow, I'll let you know. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

People in my health care company have been getting the vaccine. Corporate folks have been sending out emails and videos explaining the process and how to sign up. Health care workers are getting the vaccine first but also others an those of us in IT support can sign up for later dates. Some support persons like techs go into hospitals or meet with doctors and nurses. Even though my group doesn't go into hospitals very often, a few people have gotten vaccines. I work from home like most do now but also waiting a bit as I need to check with my doctor first.

Tamas

Good to read the vaccines are slowly getting out there.

Grey Fox

We're in curfew from 8pm to 5am starting tonight. And I think it's the first time in my life that I don't hear cars on the highway while being home.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Tamas on January 10, 2021, 12:18:04 AM
Good to read the vaccines are slowly getting out there.

Yeah, it's getting out and more slowly than projected but my company has it and scheduling people for it while vaccine supplies last. I have a cop friend who got it. So from what I've seen reported in my state the idea is for medical workers, elderly especially in nursing homes and first responders to be mostly the first getting it.

Zanza

Colleague of mine took his mother in law out of a residential home for the elderly before Christmas due to high infection rates there. By now, one sixth of the inhabitants there died of Covid and more are infected. I fear that Germany is now living through what our neighbours had earlier in the year. Makes it even less understandable, why the vaccination ramp up is so slow here.

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on January 11, 2021, 06:27:25 AM
Colleague of mine took his mother in law out of a residential home for the elderly before Christmas due to high infection rates there. By now, one sixth of the inhabitants there died of Covid and more are infected. I fear that Germany is now living through what our neighbours had earlier in the year. Makes it even less understandable, why the vaccination ramp up is so slow here.

Grim news.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

You still couldn't tell based on our immediate area (quite leafy and suburbian area next to a major road), but driving into central Slough earlier today, traffic was definitely down from normal,  seems like the numbers are becoming scary enough for people to take notice (or I was driving at a particularly quiet time).

Caliga

My company partners with senior living communities, and last week in a meeting one of our partners reported that slightly over half of their workers based in senior living communities are resisting being vaccinated, either because they think the vaccine is unsafe or because they believe it's an infringement on their freedom to be forced to be vaccinated in order to go to work.  :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on January 11, 2021, 09:55:31 AM
My company partners with senior living communities, and last week in a meeting one of our partners reported that slightly over half of their workers based in senior living communities are resisting being vaccinated, either because they think the vaccine is unsafe or because they believe it's an infringement on their freedom to be forced to be vaccinated in order to go to work.  :bleeding:

Are they able to fill the now open positions?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Gups

Mum was vaccinated last week. She's in the 75-80 age bracket so was surprised it was that early.