I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Duque de Bragança

Since the situation does not improve as planned, less than 5,000 new cases per day while it's closer to 10,000-15,000, lockdown restrictions won't be really alleviated from December 15th, as planned. Christmas will still see some tolerance but not New Year's Eve. Since the police is a bit upset with Macron's perceived duplicity in a couple of not related cases of alleged police brutality, the strictness of enforcement is not certain.

Cinemas, theatres and museums won't reopen till January 7th, at the earliest, while December 15th was still planned until yesterday.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 11, 2020, 09:20:01 AM
Since the situation does not improve as planned, less than 5,000 new cases per day while it's closer to 10,000-15,000, lockdown restrictions won't be really alleviated from December 15th, as planned. Christmas will still see some tolerance but not New Year's Eve. Since the police is a bit upset with Macron's perceived duplicity in a couple of not related cases of alleged police brutality, the strictness of enforcement is not certain.

Cinemas, theaters and museums won't reopen till January 7th, at the earliest, while December 15th was still planned until yesterday.

Meanwhile Britain during that period will largely let it all hang out, like out beer guts at the Costa del Sol.   :bowler:

:hmm:

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Apparently London (and I imagine other areas) going back into Tier 3 on Monday. There's a lot of new cases and London's apparently rising fast (which it didn't really during the second wave).

On the upside based on ONS survey it looks like most of the rise is among kids and high schoolers.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Numbers in BC are going back down.  The restrictions that started at the end of October seem to be working.  But we still have our freedom fighters who want the right to infect others.

Zanza

The state I live in will now issue a nightly curfew and probably close down all shops other than "daily needs", which is not yet defined. You are only supposed to leave your house for a "just" cause.

Syt

A colleague and i are scheduled to drive to Switzerland for 2 weeks in January to train new colleagues. I'm not too fussed about it, since we will go by car, will get tested before leaving, and I will spend time only in my hotel room and at the office, but I'm kind of curious what the travel situation will be in general after the holidays. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

We are due new restriction tomorrow or Tuesday, probably a German-style lockdown.
Ran out to get some panettone, Christmas is saved.

And I'm hoping against hope the gyms will be allowed to stay open.

Sheilbh

Entering personal lockdown now. Think ten days of zero contact (plus a couple of tests) should be enough to feel safe getting in a car with my mum to go down to theirs for Christmas. Then, obviously no outside contact until I travel back. I'm comfortable travelling back by train because I'm low risk and will, obviously, be masked. Main worry is making sure I have nothing when I go down.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Mass just rolled back the re-opening.  Which means UMass probably won't open to the extent that they were hoping in January. Probably another furlough coming up. :(
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 13, 2020, 01:22:31 PM
We are due new restriction tomorrow or Tuesday, probably a German-style lockdown.
Ran out to get some panettone, Christmas is saved.

And I'm hoping against hope the gyms will be allowed to stay open.

Oh, good cal Mal, I'll have to go get some on Monday evening. :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 13, 2020, 01:34:17 PM
Entering personal lockdown now. Think ten days of zero contact (plus a couple of tests) should be enough to feel safe getting in a car with my mum to go down to theirs for Christmas. Then, obviously no outside contact until I travel back. I'm comfortable travelling back by train because I'm low risk and will, obviously, be masked. Main worry is making sure I have nothing when I go down.
Thought this would just be me but I've just had WhatsApp with friends on meeting up (which I couldn't make because isolating) and it turns out basically all of them are voluntarily isolating next week before Christmas. Slightly surprised as I hadn't heard of people talking about it but I wonder if that'll be a trend.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

One day into second lockdown, and talk among friends and family is decidedly more negative and depressing than the first time round. In some cases worryingly so.  :(

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on December 15, 2020, 07:13:13 AM
One day into second lockdown, and talk among friends and family is decidedly more negative and depressing than the first time round. In some cases worryingly so.  :(

Part of it has to be the time of year. Winter is depressing even in the best of times.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2020, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: Maladict on December 15, 2020, 07:13:13 AM

Part of it has to be the time of year. Winter is depressing even in the best of times.
Yeah 100%.

March was bad but the days were getting lighter as time went on and the weather turned beautiful in April. Now it's dark by 4 - really need the Christmas tree and festiveness right now.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!