I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Grey Fox

Sorry B, that's really unlucky.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2020, 12:31:35 AM
So my wife's friend wanted to go get a Covid test.  She bugged Mrs B to go with her.  So even though Alberta is not doing asymptomatic testing right now she lied and got a test.

You know where this is going... Positive.  Still feeling no symptoms, but is kind of freaking out.

And the rest of us are going for tests tomorrow, and are ordered to isolate for 14 days.

<_<

I hope all turns out well.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Richard Hakluyt

Here's hoping it is a mild case and the rest of you don't have it.

Isolating with three young boys for a fortnight..........that is going to be "fun"  :(

Josquius

Went for an eye test today. Interesting how much less extreme this lockdown is than the spring one.
Quite sad to see the market in my hometown, long on the decline anyway, reduced to a burger van and one guy selling keys and batteries.
On the way home went by my parents and aunts place and talked across the fence.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Back in February exactly a month before the latish UK lockdown, I declared my own lockdown, so no unnecessary shop visits, no social visits, etc. It lasted 7 months and I called it operation Fortitude.  :bowler:

Three weeks ago I got a bit nervous and decided on a new lockdown, haven't decided on a name yet, but given the projected length of it, till the end of March 2021, I'm thinking of calling it Operation Last Gasp.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

sorry to hear that BB.  Hope all goes well :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Took the boys for a Covid test while Mrs B hunkered down in our bedroom all day.  Boys took the tester up the nose like champs.

Still very sorry we missed the boys first hockey games of the years. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Iormlund

Found out Friday that a guy from work died from COVID. Apparently was sick with something else for a while. He was 44 years old. Fuck. I didn't know the guy, but as an immunosuppressed 42 year old that's truly too close for comfort.

Tamas

Doesn't look like my Christmas trip home is going to happen. Even if my wife was let in at the border (not a citizen and we don't count as married in Hungary), they do a "temperature check and questioning" to ascertain whether you are an infection risk and it they decide you are, your mandatory 10 days quarantine won't be at home but at the facility (i.e. hospital) they send you to.

No way I am going to roll the dice on having my wife stuck in a foreign (and Hungarian to boot) hospital for two weeks locked up with positive cases.

First Christmas in England it is.

DGuller

I think I have a cold.  Sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, slight mental haze, the works.  I'm not worried it could be Covid, seems like the symptoms point to a run of the mill cold, but it does make me think about how protected I am from Covid. 

Shouldn't the measures you take against getting Covid also work at protecting you from cold?  I haven't let my guard down, I still wear masks all the time outside, and don't go anywhere high risk.  If I can still get a cold, that makes you think.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2020, 07:17:38 AM
Even if my wife was let in at the border (not a citizen and we don't count as married in Hungary),

Wut? :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2020, 10:16:04 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 08, 2020, 07:17:38 AM
Even if my wife was let in at the border (not a citizen and we don't count as married in Hungary),

Wut? :blink:

Well legally, I mean when it comes to what Hungarian law enables to spouses of Hungarian citizens, the marriage must be validated in Hungary, foreign marriages are not accepted carte blanche.

In this particular case, I'd expect the border officials to let her through based on the British paper, but as far as I am aware, they would be not legally forced by a UK legal document to do so.

Josquius

That sounds odd. Mutual recognition of legal docs is fairly standard in the EU and marriage is one of those I would have thought would be pretty universal across most of the world.
I guess some kind of workaround to stop them recognising gay marriages?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

So, given that libraries, coworking spaces, bars, everything... is closed, I can't work anywhere that it's not my home.

My neighbor has decided this is the bestest time of all to start renovations in his apartment AND THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Syt

Drilling/banging somewhere in my vicinity has been going on for months, Mon-Sat, 8 am - 6 pm. I'm not sure if it's one of the adjacent buildings which has scaffolding around it, or if it's related to the subway expansion nearby. I only know it's A LOT louder in the hallway, and downstairs, and it's not coming from our building.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.