I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Syt

Yeah, big brain power on that one (she's with us for a summer job, nothing permanent).

That said, if it's Covid-19, and if she's showing symptoms now, she might have been carrying/spreading it for 10 days or so. Heck, she might have caught it from one or some of us. The virus might have run through our office and we just were all asymptomatic. It would be doubly weird, because she's by far the youngest in our group.

Or maybe she just wanted to leave work early and came up with the worst excuse at this time. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

So, its true. The corona induced rush on bikes is very real.
Went around 3 bike shops this week and none of them have much of a selection in.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2020, 12:28:46 PM
So, its true. The corona induced rush on bikes is very real.
Went around 3 bike shops this week and none of them have much of a selection in.
:lol: I saw a lady today on my street clearly learning to ride so it is definitely a thing.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 07:57:35 AM
Yeah, big brain power on that one (she's with us for a summer job, nothing permanent).

That said, if it's Covid-19, and if she's showing symptoms now, she might have been carrying/spreading it for 10 days or so. Heck, she might have caught it from one or some of us. The virus might have run through our office and we just were all asymptomatic. It would be doubly weird, because she's by far the youngest in our group.

Or maybe she just wanted to leave work early and came up with the worst excuse at this time. ;)

If she's been showing symptoms that long, she may test negative even if she has it. That's been the case for a bunch of folks out here. I guess the optimum time to get tested is 3-5 days of symptoms.

I hope it's allergies or a cold. :( Stay safe, Syt.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Zoupa

DGuller

I had the foresight to pick the right field for 2020.  And JR thinks you can't predict the future.  :rolleyes:

PDH

Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2020, 01:58:33 PM
I had the foresight to pick the right field for 2020.  And JR thinks you can't predict the future.  :rolleyes:

Misanthrope isn't a field.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 07:57:35 AM

We have a lot of issues covering shifts. In Spain all you have to do is call a hotline and you'll get paid leave until you test negative (or positive followed by two negatives). Lots of workers are taking advantage of this to get a few days off.

Razgovory

Quote from: PDH on August 12, 2020, 02:45:24 PM

Misanthropy isn't a field, it's a universe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: PDH on August 12, 2020, 02:45:24 PM

That's not my field, that's my hobby.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 07:02:19 AM
So our intern just went to the doctor's with cough, sore throat, and fever. After spending all day in the office and having lunch with us.  :rolleyes:

Our manager said she needs to get tested for Covid. "Oh, that's not necessary, I'm off next week, anyways."

Our manager insisted that she gets tested today AND has to inform us about the results.

We'll be working from home tomorrow ....

That's on your boss and his misplaced faith in office work in the middle of a pandemic.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Well, she tested negative, so we dodged that bullet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Today at the supermarket seemed to be a lot more wearing masks than not to the extent that those without stood out.

One that came in at the same time as me.... I am jumping to conclusions and judging my appearances here..... But a key reason anti maskers are so bad was really hammered home.
The guy...did not look unhealthy. He very much looked like uncooked gammon; on the young side, not yet lost all his hair, still relatively trim and muscled. When he came in the shop he showed the security guard some kind of card and proclaimed he "wasn't being funny but he didn't have to wear a mask".
I swear he said it with a bit of a smirk as well...
Now, could be this guy actually does have an invisible health condition. No judgement against him in particular.
But a big thing that annoys me about so many that don't wear masks is that they have this idea that they are somehow "winning" by doing so. They're owning teh libs and being very smart and awesome by carrying around a fake card saying they don't have to wear a mask.
The politics of selfishness is bad enough in regular times. That they'll even do it about this.... and we all know karma won't be so perfect and they won't be the ones to suffer for it.,
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2020, 07:28:28 AM
But a big thing that annoys me about so many that don't wear masks is that they have this idea that they are somehow "winning" by doing so. They're owning teh libs and being very smart and awesome by carrying around a fake card saying they don't have to wear a mask.
The politics of selfishness is bad enough in regular times. That they'll even do it about this.... and we all know karma won't be so perfect and they won't be the ones to suffer for it.,

Pretty much sums up my opinion on things, too, Tyr.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on August 15, 2020, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2020, 07:28:28 AM

Pretty much sums up my opinion on things, too, Tyr.

I see it as non maskers being thinned out of the gene pool. Most of those fucks I've seen, should be wearing a mask just looking at their outward health appearance. Plus they should be throat punched too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".