49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on November 16, 2021, 01:44:37 PM
I'm finally going to try and go home for Christmas. Apparently the family gathering has been bifurcated with a planned gathering of the vaccinated and a planned gathering of the unvaccinated.
I can't not imagine this as a split screen land of contrasts with fun and frivolity and colour on one side and black and white drab misery in the other.
Maybe the parable of the long spoons comes into it somewhere.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

I'm finally going to try and go home for Christmas. Apparently the family gathering has been bifurcated with a planned gathering of the vaccinated and a planned gathering of the unvaccinated.

That's pretty frustrating. How large is the gathering usually, and how does it break down? 50-50? 70-30?

celedhring

There are rumors they are going to implement vaccine passport checks in Catalonia, for restaurants and such. This can potentially spoil our Christmas plans, since my sister-in-law is unvaccinated (she's pregnant and since she already had a miscarriage she's very hesitant about getting vaccinated until she gives birth).

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2021, 08:07:09 PM

That's pretty frustrating. How large is the gathering usually, and how does it break down? 50-50? 70-30?

Smaller and smaller as my generation has been pretty terrible with regards to having children. But yeah isnahking out roughly 50/50. Good news is that everyone I'm close with is vaccinated.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2021, 06:20:25 AM
50% is terrible.

Agreed but then these are also family members who stayed Republican under Trump and many voted for him twice.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Christmas markets cancelled in Bavaria. :(

Also sprach Söder.

mongers

Had my booster shot yesterday evening, Pfizer; not sure of any effects besides being a little tired today, but that's more likely to be because Friday was a long day for me rather than the vaccine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Got the Moderns booster on tuesday. Side effects weren't as bad as second shot.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Seems like a common experience to have no side effects after the booster, even if you had serious side effects after the second shot.  It was the same for me.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on November 20, 2021, 11:11:24 AM
Seems like a common experience to have no side effects after the booster, even if you had serious side effects after the second shot.  It was the same for me.

Good to know for my siblings who're having theirs this week.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on November 20, 2021, 11:08:38 AM
Got the Moderns booster on tuesday. Side effects weren't as bad as second shot.

So I've got that to look forward to when I get my 2nd booster (Moderna) in late May 2022.   <_<

Savonarola

Michigan is now leading the United States in terms of weekly number of infection and Covid related deaths.  (It's the tenth largest state, with about 10,000,000 people - so it does have a disadvantage compared to smaller states in terms of those metrics.)  Since we're going up there for Thanksgiving CB and I got our boosters (Moderna) yesterday.  This one left me sorer than the first two; but no other side effects so far.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

I noticed that my work is more frequently doing check-ins about whether people want to come to the office (though no pressure). And that is despite caseloads still being high (though dropping) and at best only a handful of people are coming to office (I see two people scheduled through rest of month).

Sure feels like pressure.

Iormlund

My company/boss isn't even allowing a colleague to work from home after her partner tested positive.

Only those who themselves test positive get sent home now. But primary care is completely overwhelmed, so only antigen tests are available, and only if you actually manage to get ahold of them (they are sold-out in most pharmacies here).

The whole plant is a superspreader event.