I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2020, 05:52:27 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2020, 05:25:56 PM
City of Anchorage is going under lockdown starting Tuesday, December 1 through January 1. No in store dining only take out or delivery, all bars & clubs, theaters, bingo hall closed. 25% capacity for retail stores.

Tough luck mate. We have made the pandemic recede by decree for Christmas, should have done the same.
yeah I was surprised they are going for month long hunker down mandate as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2020, 05:55:59 PM
City of Anchorage is going under lockdown starting Tuesday, December 1 through January 1. No in store dining only take out or delivery, all bars & clubs, theaters, bingo hall closed. 25% capacity for retail stores.

What are you going to do without your bingo?  :console:
me? I'll be fine. There are a lot of bingo parlors in this town though  :huh:

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on November 25, 2020, 06:21:31 PM

No retail for you. :(
online shopping is where it's at!

Iormlund

Four people sick on the office today. Three stayed home but the fourth decided to come anyway. :glare:

Meanwhile my boss was finally admitted to the hospital with pneumonia after a week dealing at home with low oxygen levels. :ph34r:

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2020, 10:49:12 AM
My wife has COVID.  She started feeling sick last week and lost her sense of smell/taste a day or so into it.  She just got back a positive test result this morning.
My wife is feeling better today for the first time this week... her fever got up to 105 at one point but finally broke overnight.  So far, I still have no symptoms and feel fine.

Oh, and her sense of smell/taste has started improving already, which is nice since some people with this thing haven't recovered it after months.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2020, 04:33:26 PM
My wife has COVID.  She started feeling sick last week and lost her sense of smell/taste a day or so into it.  She just got back a positive test result this morning.
My wife is feeling better today for the first time this week... her fever got up to 105 at one point but finally broke overnight.  So far, I still have no symptoms and feel fine.

Oh, and her sense of smell/taste has started improving already, which is nice since some people with this thing haven't recovered it after months.

Glad to hear it Cal. :)

Razgovory

Yikes, that's scary.  Good to hear she is recovering.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Yeah, she came very close to calling 911 with that fever... but I don't know that she would have really been any better off at the hospital... liable to catch something else to compound the COVID with there.

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2020, 06:07:26 PM
Yeah, she came very close to calling 911 with that fever... but I don't know that she would have really been any better off at the hospital... liable to catch something else to compound the COVID with there.

Just converted it to proper numbers via Google, 40C, wow! Sounds like she has hopefully beaten it though, if the symptoms have started going away.

Caliga

Yeah, that's a dangerously high fever.  That was her peak temp... most of the times where I had her check her temp for me, it was running 101 or 102.

merithyn

That's great! So glad she's okay.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Maximus on November 23, 2020, 11:12:40 AM
Both of my parents seem to be recovering. Same with everyone else in their care home.

This makes my heart glad.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2020, 08:55:48 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2020, 05:55:59 PM

What are you going to do without your bingo?  :console:
me? I'll be fine. There are a lot of bingo parlors in this town though  :huh:

Tracy signed up to work a bingo about a month ago.  She just left to work it.  To benefit minor hockey, which is shut down right now.

2020 man. *shakeshead*
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

UMass' hockey season has been postponed. I guess the basketball team turning into a Covid convention has had an impact.  They still hope to re-open campus in January, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I feel whatever sanity I had diminishing more with every passing month.
PDH!

Valmy

Do people really go out much when it is dark 23 hours a day anyway?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."