Quote from: celedhring on September 29, 2020, 03:37:31 AM
Ah fuck. Booked it for tomorrow.

How did your haircut go, btw? I just got another this morning.  :P

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2020, 07:27:36 AM

I had the kind of haircut so I don't need to have another until another six months.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on October 05, 2020, 07:51:36 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2020, 07:27:36 AM

I had the kind of haircut so I don't need to have another until another six months.  :P

So, shaven head?  :lol:

celedhring

No, but the shortest hair I have sported since I was a rebellious teenager.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on October 05, 2020, 08:44:02 AM

No flowing locks anymore?

merithyn

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2020, 08:50:56 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 05, 2020, 08:44:02 AM

No flowing locks anymore?

:(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

City of Edmonton adds 276 new cases in the last 24 hours, pushing our total to 1,250 active cases - our highest number ever (total population of almost one million).

Cripes.  Government really, really doesn't want to shut down the economy again, but it does feel like they're going to need to take more drastic steps then what they've been doing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

So who are we going to get through the next 5 or so months of Autumn/Winter and the likely coming 'lockdowns' or the virus becoming widespread?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Same way we got through the last seven.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

I went to the Clemson Miami game...attendence was 18,885. People were spaced out fairly well.

Obviously I was repping the U, but my girlfriend is a lifelong Clemson fan. I kind of thought we might get on TV because the sad boyfriend in a rainstorm with the celebrating girlfriend seems like something a cameraman might like, and obviously there were less fans than normal, but we escaped.

Masks were mandatory, but my girlfriend was the only person I saw that consistently wore it correctly the whole game (I'm sure there were many others but I was more watching the game). I wore mine after the first 5 minutes, because she made me. I normally wear a mask, but I was the only Miami fan in the area and didn't want the Clemson fans to think U nation was scared of the 'Rona. My girlfriend did not accept this as a valid reason to not wear a mask.

Mask wearing was super weird. Most people wore them some, and not other times, but a decent number just never wore them except when security walked by. The rule seemed to be that you got 2 visits from security asking you to wear your mask, then the police would ask you to wear a mask, but we didn't see anyone asked to leave the stadium. Security and the police were satisfied if you put the mask on your chin, which was the common solution and of course useless. I couldn't figure out how they chose the people to ask to wear masks--there was widespread noncompliance. We think they targeted people on the ends of rows (easy for security to access) and those that didn't reach for a mask when security walked by.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

I will remind all visitors not to feed the troll please!

Eddie Teach

Trolling or not, that's how a lot of people are behaving.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Which helps explain why we are facing rising cases again...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Yeah I mean it seems all over the place in England, at one hight street mask usage was pretty widespread even outside.

I drove through a small town high street yesterday, people were all packed up on the tight sidewalks with seemingly nobody giving second thought to socially distance. And I know Sheilbh will come and say the virus is afraid to leave when there is open air :p but still.

Based on what I hear read and see it appears perfectly reasonable that cases are rising quickly. Why would they not?

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on October 12, 2020, 12:42:42 AM
I will remind all visitors not to feed the troll please!

Cool if you think everyone not posting about how they are staying home is trolling, but it is easily verifiable that Clemson and Miami played and attendance is what I said it was. If you think that I made up the part about mask use, I googled "mask use among fans at college football games" and this was the first story that came up (an AP story centering on last weekend's Georgia-Auburn game, probably 100 miles from the game I was at):

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-college-football-football-georgia-archive-f60bfef27ffb2709bb5eb15255207b77

Quotehardly anyone was wearing a mask while watching a 27-6 victory over Auburn in the first top 10 matchup of the season.

And the pictures in the article and linked in the article seem to corroborate that. A difference is that in that game masks weren't mandatory.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014