I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Josquius

It seems because of the corona banks all close at 2 now.
Ffs.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on September 01, 2020, 09:05:18 AM
Ffs.
Oh yeah - and the Royal Mail office to pick up parcels in my area is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7am-9am and Saturday 9am-11am. Which I refuse to consider as "opening hours" <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

That must suck for the workers. You commute to the office and open up and then wait a few minutes and then shut down again and commute all the way home. I hope they are not paid by the hour.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Saladin on September 01, 2020, 04:46:23 AM
Still alive.

But with a slipped disc and a depression to brag about. :glare:

Sorry about the sipped disk, bu good to see you. 

Old posters never die, they just slip a disk.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 01, 2020, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 01, 2020, 09:05:18 AM
Ffs.
Oh yeah - and the Royal Mail office to pick up parcels in my area is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7am-9am and Saturday 9am-11am. Which I refuse to consider as "opening hours" <_<

That's why I have stuff delivered to the office or the 24/7 postal pick up station. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2020, 09:18:35 AM
That must suck for the workers. You commute to the office and open up and then wait a few minutes and then shut down again and commute all the way home. I hope they are not paid by the hour.
I think they're probably for the workers because they have a lot more parcels to deliver from those offices in the normal day.
Let's bomb Russia!

Saladin

Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2020, 09:23:31 AM
Quote from: Saladin on September 01, 2020, 04:46:23 AM
Still alive.

But with a slipped disc and a depression to brag about. :glare:

Sorry about the sipped disk, bu good to see you. 

Old posters never die, they just slip a disk.

Thank you. Luckily enough the disc isn't putting any pressure on the spinal nerves. :)
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Saladin

"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Hey Sal.  Get healed up and stay around so I can mock you again.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

So we're having an NFL season after all.  I go to the stadium this afternoon to get my Covid test.  With all the new protocols in place, the league wants my crew there 6 hours before kickoff for the first game..  Thankfully our game Sunday starts at 4:00pm. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2020, 09:26:08 AM
So we're having an NFL season after all.  I go to the stadium this afternoon to get my Covid test.  With all the new protocols in place, the league wants my crew there 6 hours before kickoff for the first game..  Thankfully our game Sunday starts at 4:00pm. 

Those noon games are going to suck :console:

Very glad we are having some college football tomorrow to take my mind off all the nonsense this year. I hope the Big 10 and PAC 12 decide to start up again later this Fall.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 11, 2020, 09:28:00 AM
Those noon games are going to suck :console:

After Week 1 it is supposed to return to business as usual, in which we have to arrive 4 hours before kickoff.  It ends up pretty much being an 8 hour day.

QuoteVery glad we are having some college football tomorrow to take my mind off all the nonsense this year. I hope the Big 10 and PAC 12 decide to start up again later this Fall.

Yep, although I know WVU is going to do with EKU what they usually do against IAA teams-- start out slow, barely ahead 10-7 at the half and then finally get some momentum in the 3rd quarter, finishing with an ugly 42-26 win.   Marshall blew them out like 52-0, so I'm sure I'll hear crap from my friends when WVU's win is less huge.

But it's football.  Some semblance of normalcy-- bring it on.

My son's middle school team has gotten through their third week and have a symmetrical 1-1-1 record :D

merithyn

To those of you with employees you oversee, how are you handling issues with them? Specifically regarding stress due to 2020 trying to kill everyone and everything?

I ask because I'm pretty much at boil-over limit. Between COVID, the fires, the protests, and an inability to breathe, not to mention grad school, my brain is shot. I'm struggling to remember the names of my coworker and boss at any given moment. But at the same time, I feel like that's not a valid excuse for why I'm unable to accomplish somewhat simple tasks. Which adds to my stress/anxiety/depression.

What is it okay to say? How do I tell them that life is really, really hard right now?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2020, 11:54:44 AM
To those of you with employees you oversee, how are you handling issues with them? Specifically regarding stress due to 2020 trying to kill everyone and everything?

I ask because I'm pretty much at boil-over limit. Between COVID, the fires, the protests, and an inability to breathe, not to mention grad school, my brain is shot. I'm struggling to remember the names of my coworker and boss at any given moment. But at the same time, I feel like that's not a valid excuse for why I'm unable to accomplish somewhat simple tasks. Which adds to my stress/anxiety/depression.

What is it okay to say? How do I tell them that life is really, really hard right now?

You tell them life is really hard right now, and it has made you sick.  Sick days are given and to be used, in my opinion.  At where I am UC unless it is multiple days in a row or affecting the overall team there are no questions asked.

As some words of advice, this is not the time to take on more things.  Slow down the MBA, take mental health days, and find something wildly distracting.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM