I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Still working from home, no real plans for that to end, though the company did put out some guidelines for returning to the office. Includes limiting the number of people and keeping six feet apart which will be hard to do, so there seems no rush to return. That's fine with me as even though my commute to the office is just a few miles, it's so great to work from home. I usually get as much done from home as I would at my work place.

One bad thing though has been the return of spam, spam, spam and more spam phone calls.... I just never answer the phone, but it's such an annoyance.

As for energy and tiredness as some mention, I'm doing ok mostly. Last weekend I had all kinds of energy and got most of my shed painted even though I intended to take my time, pace myself. This weekend I wasn't as enthused but completed the painting, got that job done.

merithyn

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 09, 2020, 04:33:38 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2020, 04:36:19 PM
Am I the only one exhausted all the time?

I get sleep, usually around 7-8 hours every night. I have a routine, I walk regularly, and it's sunshiney and beautiful outside. And still, I'm ready to nap at literally a moment's notice. Right now, I'm struggling to stay awake long enough to finish up some work before I log for the weekend. Like, I may have to lay down for an hour or so before I can even consider working on it. This has been the same every day this week. :(

Like I told Seedy, life feels heavy, and I'm tired of carrying it around.

Just me? :unsure:

Not just you.  Every day for the last few months has just been "day," except Fridays, when I get to go to work.  I've been taking naps to kill time and to stop being so tired all the time, but it screws up my sleep schedule, so here I am at 430am on Saturday doing the same thing I do at 430am on nearly every other day:  staring all red-eyed at a computer monitor. 

E: Hi again Languish, btw.  Been a couple years.  :)

:hug:

Welcome back, though I really wish it were with better tidings. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: merithyn on August 09, 2020, 11:48:22 AM
:hug:

Welcome back, though I really wish it were with better tidings. :(

:hug:  Yeah, me too.   

PDH

The best thing to do is to make it into a game:

Try to make the day you're living in seem like and entire lifetime of angst, boredom, and ennui.  Then try to do that again the next day.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

celedhring

Found this on the BBC page, somehow it managed to make me feel both relieved and miserable  :lol:

Wonder which are the 12 jobs with even less human contact than mine.

Sheilbh

:lol: I'm one :(

Solicitors. Exposure to disease: 140 out of 359 (between yearly and never).

Closeness to other people: 353 out of 359 :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

My job never exists on those things. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

It's true for freelance translators, not so much for the lucky ones who work in a business or organisation though.

merithyn

I'm right up there with you, cel! :D

Finance and investment analysts and advisers

Exposure to disease
Never

Closeness to other people
Between slightly close and not close
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josephus

Quote from: merithyn on August 04, 2020, 11:18:29 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2020, 06:29:34 AM
So looks like my Malta holiday is off. Was originally gonna go end of May, but with all going on then, decided to postpone till October.
Now my travel agent calls and says Alitalia (I was flying though Rome) cancelled all flights to Canada for 2020.
I could find other flights but they have me flying all over the world (Toronto-Newark-Paris-Malta) etc. I don't really want to do that. Plus, it's partially a relief.
The problem with Canada right now for travellers is that no country is white listed, and when we get back we'll have to self-isolate for 14 days. Which is why lots of airlines aren't bothering with Canada anymore, since so few people are travelling.
I guess I'll reschedule for next year.

Will you be able to do something in Canada at least? Go camping/glamping/hiking?

Yeah, planning a trip to a chalet in Quebec.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

So our intern just went to the doctor's with cough, sore throat, and fever. After spending all day in the office and having lunch with us.  :rolleyes:

Our manager said she needs to get tested for Covid. "Oh, that's not necessary, I'm off next week, anyways."

Our manager insisted that she gets tested today AND has to inform us about the results.

We'll be working from home tomorrow ....
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 07:02:19 AM
So our intern just went to the doctor's with cough, sore throat, and fever. After spending all day in the office and having lunch with us.  :rolleyes:

Our manager said she needs to get tested for Covid. "Oh, that's not necessary, I'm off next week, anyways."

Our manager insisted that she gets tested today AND has to inform us about the results.

Jesus F. Christ the stupidity and carelessness of people never ceases to amaze and outrage me. WTF was she thinking going to work in the middle of a pandemic sporting all the pandemic's symptoms?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 07:02:19 AM

Oh that's nice...

DGuller

Give her a full-time offer before someone snatches that superstar.