1 (4.2%)
Nay
19 (79.2%)
Only if Jaron is invited
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2020, 02:47:04 PM
There is a very real risk you'll have to implement a line dancing only policy.

:D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 13, 2020, 02:57:55 PM
Wedding in WoW? Just throwing it out there.

Maybe if it was 10 years ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

I think you need to pull out sooner rather than later.  The situation is still rapidly developing day by day, and it looks very unlikely that a month from now would be a less extreme disruption compared to today.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 13, 2020, 03:39:34 PM
I think you need to pull out sooner rather than later.  The situation is still rapidly developing day by day, and it looks very unlikely that a month from now would be a less extreme disruption compared to today.

A month? Is this some tantric shit?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on March 13, 2020, 02:57:55 PM
Wedding in WoW? Just throwing it out there.

Better than wedding in GoT.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on March 13, 2020, 03:45:24 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 13, 2020, 03:39:34 PM

A month? Is this some tantric shit?
:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 13, 2020, 02:48:13 PM
My friend got married yesterday. Instead of having the big wedding planned next month. There were four of us - all local - at the court to sign the papers. We had a nice meal. Big party with families from afar is postponed until after crisis.

This is really good idea.  Listen to Oex.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Maladict on March 13, 2020, 02:33:59 PM
In a bit of a bind as my wedding is planned mid April. If I'm reading the contracts correctly I can still extricate myself from most of the costs, but I'll have to decide within a week from now. Thing is, we have a sizable amount of overseas visitors, who likely won't get a refund on their very significant travel expenses. And, as of now, there are no restrictions on having the wedding.

What sayeth Languish?

Most airlines are giving refunds.

Postpone at least a month, probably two, if possible.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

For overseas travel the only thing is to hope really. Mid April I would say is perhaps a little late, things may be getting back to normal by then, but I expect early April flights to be cancelled.
I have a trip to Jersey planned mid April and though I'm holding off on booking hotels or anything l think the trip will happen.
██████
██████
██████

Fate

Reschedule for 4-5 months from now. For the sake of your parents or other elderly relatives.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2020, 06:27:55 PM
For overseas travel the only thing is to hope really. Mid April I would say is perhaps a little late, things may be getting back to normal by then, but I expect early April flights to be cancelled.
I have a trip to Jersey planned mid April and though I'm holding off on booking hotels or anything l think the trip will happen.

Late April will make these days look mild.

As others said, have the ceremony done in an intimate way with minimal attendance, postpone big celebration to July.

Maladict

Quote from: Razgovory on March 13, 2020, 04:02:07 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on March 13, 2020, 02:48:13 PM
My friend got married yesterday. Instead of having the big wedding planned next month. There were four of us - all local - at the court to sign the papers. We had a nice meal. Big party with families from afar is postponed until after crisis.

This is really good idea.  Listen to Oex.

It is, just not acceptable to my gf if the parents can't make it and I totally understand. We'll be talking to them over the weekend.