War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition: Pricing announced.

Started by Syt, July 19, 2009, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ape

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2009, 06:29:20 PM
Tell me about more improvements, Ape.
To many of them  <_<

Shipyards, you can put your ships inside shipyards, and decide the priority of them. In total three different repair modes, inside shipyards, pierside and repair workshop. Shipyards have a tonage limit.

New damage model for ships, with 'Engine' being a new type of damge, and the damage is divided into major and minor damage, major can only be repaired in shipyards.

Waypoints. You can set waypoints for your Task Forces. Even let them wait at a waypoint to meet up and merge or refuel with another Task Force. Decreases the micro management of subs quite alot.

Naming of Task Forces.

Completely redone map, with off-map boxes such as Eastern USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, with the possibility by the Allies to transport troops, ships etc. from say UK or Easter USA to the Indian ocean by going around the Cape.

More pilot stats. In WitP every pilot had one stat, experience, now they have a shitload. So no training on strafing an isolated outpost anymore, you actually have to TRAIN your pilots.

Much less mines, they are now a produced item.

Vastly expanded Combat, air and land combat in particular seem much more plausible.

Troop limit on atolls. Wake for instance have a limit of 6,000 troops and Tarawa 30,000.

Aircraft limit on bases, not sure yet how much aircraft that you can stack in a single hex, but there is an operational limit there.

Strategic movement, troops can move by rail now.

That is what I can remember at the moment, there are many more changes.

Drakken

Despite me being a newb with only basic experience of WITP, I might be open to a PBEM game. I'm eager to kill some Japs (or white devils).

Drakken

I find your lack of faith for PBEM disturbing.  <_<

Reading the Matrix forums, though, it seems the AI has revamped to make it play like a human player. For instance, KB can now linger around PH a little bit more to catch the CVs if they come around, or finish off patched BBs heading for the West Coast shipyards, just like a bold player would do.

Several reports also of AI totally catching the players with their pants down. No more predictable history-bound 1941-1942 scripted offensives that the experienced players get to learn in hindsight.

Also, Japan's transport fleet has been improved so that the Jappos actually NEED to preserve their fleet to bring in resource. Now every AK sunk counts.

Makes me curious about the later dates, though. Will Japan still fall asleep after reaching its usual positions on 1942 forward, like in WITP, or will it be more bold and aggressive nonetheless?

Also, no more stupid AI theater delegation command. Now you have to take of every theater yourself.  :cool:

Syt

If you don't mind playing against a newb, we can play a game after I return from my vacation, late August. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Quote from: Syt on July 31, 2009, 09:55:21 AM
If you don't mind playing against a newb, we can play a game after I return from my vacation, late August. :P

I am a newb as well, although I have some WITP experience.

Late August seems a bit far off, but it'll give me time to explore around AE a bit.

Syt

Well, I only have a week before leaving for vacation (on the 10th), and I'll only be back on 25th of August. :P

Ten days don't seem anywhere near enough for a game like this, esp. as I have to learn the interface first. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Bluebook

Quote from: Ape on July 27, 2009, 09:49:29 AM
Quote from: Bluebook on July 26, 2009, 03:56:59 AM
Game will be released tomorrow. Im going to buy it right away.

Anyone interested in a pbem?
In a few weeks, sure.... but who the fuck are you?

Ive just downloaded the game and started a game against the AI to get into things. Despite having a few years of experience with witp, the learning curve seems steep. How about a "learning" pbem where we restart if someone screws up badly enough?

I usually play the allies exclusively, but I can do either side. Do you have any preferences?

Im in Sweden btw.

Jaron

If you guys are going to play in late August, you better start doing your setups now. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Bluebook on August 02, 2009, 01:45:49 AM
I usually play the allies exclusively,

What, you got a problem with Asians? You racist or something?

QuoteIm in Sweden btw.

Oh, nevermind. You are.

Bluebook

Ok, Im working on a jap turn 1. Its game 2, the grand campaign with the beefed up japos. 2 day turns, standard settings.

I would like to test this game against a human opponent, but since this is the release version, there are bound to come some patch that may or may not require a restart. Since this is the first campaign game, there are also bound to be plenty of player errors from both sides.

So is anyone interested in playing a sort of learning pbem?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Bluebook on August 08, 2009, 02:56:44 AM
Ok, Im working on a jap turn 1. Its game 2, the grand campaign with the beefed up japos. 2 day turns, standard settings.

I would like to test this game against a human opponent, but since this is the release version, there are bound to come some patch that may or may not require a restart. Since this is the first campaign game, there are also bound to be plenty of player errors from both sides.

You could play against Berkut, but be sure to have your speed chess clock handy.  He expects turns every 30 minutes.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2009, 10:53:26 AM
Quote from: Bluebook on August 08, 2009, 02:56:44 AM

You could play against Berkut, but be sure to have your speed chess clock handy.  He expects turns every 30 minutes.

He gets squeamish, though, if he has more than a couple hundreds of counters, though, as I learned in that 1988 NATO vs. WP scenario for TOAW.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2009, 10:53:26 AM

Except when he gets really badly burned in Combat Mission.

Then a turn can take, well, 4 years.

And I am really the worst player ever. In all senses of the word. But even I know that rock beats scissors.