News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am looking for an FPS to MP

Started by Tamas, March 10, 2009, 07:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Okay I am going to use this fugly forum to post my question. I just can't get a hold of the EA downloader thingie, so it seems my BF2 and BF2142 digital copies are lost like the old Languish.

But, the mood of some possibly team-based FPSing has hit me. Whatdayasay? COD4? COD5? Something else? I am looking for something which is not very old, but has a big enough community. I have Red Orchestra and DLed America's Army, but these two are so old that only fanbois are left on the servers and they wipe the floor with me. 

szmik

Team Fortress 2, Left for Dead and CoD serie
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Grey Fox

CoD4 is awesome. I'll beat you up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

Team Fortress 2.  Counter Strike.  L4D.

We need a gaming sub forum.

Tamas

I have CS but 99% of the servers force me to download stupid crap I get bored of before I can even join the game. And when I join, I get pwndered hard. COD4 is tempting indeed

Evil Spock

Get LFD if you haven't played it yet, good for a month or two of mayhem.

vinraith

L4D's good for two weeks, generously, but they're a fun two weeks. At least until the DLC there just aren't enough campaigns/modes, and the AI director can't mix things up enough to make the 10th play through of the same scenario all that entertaining.

Team Fortress 2, at least IMO, never really seems to get old. Plus, Valve keeps generously injecting new content into the mix every few months.

Tamas

Bought COD4.  :) If you know a good European server, don't keep it secret.

PS. the smilies are way too small.

DisturbedPervert

I agree with vinraith.  I stopped playing L4D after about a month, but that month was really fun.  It needs new content.  TF2, I've been playing almost daily for about a year though.  Same thing with CS, I've been playing that for like 10 years.

Darth Wagtaros

I'd like SSI to come back and provide TBSGs again.
PDH!

Tamas

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

vinraith

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 10, 2009, 11:22:21 AM
I agree with vinraith.  I stopped playing L4D after about a month, but that month was really fun.  It needs new content.  TF2, I've been playing almost daily for about a year though.  Same thing with CS, I've been playing that for like 10 years.

Yup. I just started playing TF2 again after a hiatus of a few months and it's still fantastically entertaining. Most of my favorite servers seem to be gone, though, and in general the population playing the game seems to have declined. :(

Slargos

Quote from: vinraith on March 10, 2009, 11:10:58 AM
L4D's good for two weeks, generously, but they're a fun two weeks. At least until the DLC there just aren't enough campaigns/modes, and the AI director can't mix things up enough to make the 10th play through of the same scenario all that entertaining.

Team Fortress 2, at least IMO, never really seems to get old. Plus, Valve keeps generously injecting new content into the mix every few months.

Couldn't disagree more. Versus is kept fresh as long as you get a good team together.

Me and a few buddies have started using the buddy system, where we split up in groups of 2 rather than all going together, in order to make it a bit more difficult against pubbies. Good fun.  ;D

vinraith

Quote from: Slargos on March 11, 2009, 12:42:18 PM
Quote from: vinraith on March 10, 2009, 11:10:58 AM

Couldn't disagree more. Versus is kept fresh as long as you get a good team together.

Me and a few buddies have started using the buddy system, where we split up in groups of 2 rather than all going together, in order to make it a bit more difficult against pubbies. Good fun.  ;D

If you had a large enough pool of friends playing the game, I can see how versus might be good for something. For me, the teams are too large to be filled out by my friends that play the game, but too small to make playing with strangers workable, so it's just kind of a useless mode.