Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Zoupa on July 06, 2020, 12:59:19 PM
I worked 12 hours yesterday with a mask and visor on. How did you guys ever win a war?

We mostly talked other people into dying for us.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

<_<

I worked 12 hours yesterday with a mask and visor on. How did you guys ever win a war?

Man, there sure are a lot of things that make you angry.

Eddie Teach

To be fair, it's 20-year-olds out there winning the wars. We burn out early.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2020, 01:07:33 PM
<_<

Man, there sure are a lot of things that make you angry.

I just thought most people wouldn't be whiny bitches when it comes to public health, but I'm proven wrong every single day. So what do I know.

Admiral Yi

Is it possible to be outraged about something without turning into a dickhead?  The BLM thread in particular makes me think it's diffficult.  I'll go even further and say people adopt outrage because it feeds their desire to be a dickhead.

fromtia

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article244024192.html

Miami-Dade closes down restaurants and Gyms. I anticipate that if the hospitals up here start closing in on ICU's at full capacity and steadily increasing hospitalizations then we will follow a similar route. It'll be by county or municipality, as the Governor is apparently sticking to "do as little as possible and hope nothing happens because its the flu/makes Trump look bad/people get sick and die, so what?"
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

fromtia

I work in a mask. Initially from may 8th I just wore it in the front of the house while we were open. Now I wear it once I have entered the building and only remove it if I can find a quiet spot. That's mandated both by the City/county and by my employer. My shifts are between 6 and 8 hours and I have to run up and down stairs and talk a lot. It's pretty uncomfortable. If it helps someone else not get sick, then its worth it. I'm hoping it may even afford me a little protection  as I am surrounded by Plandemic Republicans who are vocal about the virus being a hoax/Demoncrat campaign strategy and carry on with their hard partying socializing out side of work as if there is no danger.

Iormlund

I'm not outraged anymore. Too many people that just don't give a damn.

I'm am surprised that you are one of them, Yi. You are normally the biggest fan of moral responsibility around here.

Sheilbh

Had to have a plumber in today. Very weird trying to keep distanced within my flat while he's trying to explain the boiler issue - with a mask on. Weird experience :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Iormlund on July 06, 2020, 02:40:39 PM

I'm am surprised that you are one of them, Yi. You are normally the biggest fan of moral responsibility around here.

How does saying I can't handle a mask for more than 3 minutes mean I am shirking moral responsibility?  I work from home.  I wear a mask when I go to shops and restaurants.  I wear a mask for the McDonald's drive through window.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 06, 2020, 02:46:16 PM
Had to have a plumber in today. Very weird trying to keep distanced within my flat while he's trying to explain the boiler issue - with a mask on. Weird experience :mellow:

I had one over last week. Both of us wore masks, but we couldn't always keep to 6 ft distance thanks to the small bathroom, though we did our best. As an added bit of fun, I had to take some client calls while he was working in the background. Fortunately, I don't ever have to turn on video during the calls.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

Wow France :mellow:

BBC News - Bayonne: Bus driver left brain dead after being 'attacked over face masks'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53309424
██████
██████
██████

fromtia

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2020, 02:48:47 PM

How does saying I can't handle a mask for more than 3 minutes mean I am shirking moral responsibility?  I work from home.  I wear a mask when I go to shops and restaurants.  I wear a mask for the McDonald's drive through window.

Henceforth wear two masks. At all times.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fromtia on July 06, 2020, 03:59:21 PM
Henceforth wear two masks. At all times.

And the third level is coyote elbow.

Thank you! Here all week! Try the veal!

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on July 06, 2020, 02:40:39 PM

I am sort of reaching this level of resignation. Just grateful that after what seemed like a slow start from my workplace, they have been quite excellent with working from home and are in no rush to force us back. This allows me to keep contact outside of our two-person bubble to the bare minimum, which not only is safer for us but also still the responsible thing to do imho. But I also understand this is not as very easy for others as it is for me.