Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: viper37 on April 25, 2022, 03:39:50 PMI haven't had it yet.  It seems I'm the only one to live an exemplary hermit life here!  :lol:

I haven't had it either. Yet.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tamas

Most sense of smell and taste appears to be largely gone, especially the former.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on April 27, 2022, 02:53:04 AMMost sense of smell and taste appears to be largely gone, especially the former.

anosmia and ageusia  :smarty:

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on April 27, 2022, 02:53:04 AMMost sense of smell and taste appears to be largely gone, especially the former.

Now nothing is stopping you from eating super healthy.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2022, 07:08:54 PM

Now nothing is stopping you from eating super healthy.

:D

In truth I really only eat junk food when I feel sick and my senses are numbed.  Otherwise that shit tastes like, well junk food...

Syt

Vienna is offering a 4th vaccination shot to risk groups. However, they point out that in their app the status will still show "3/3", even after four shots, because it's "technically not possible" to show more than 3 out of 3 vaccinations.  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also, apparently there's a FREEDOM CONVOY around Ringstraße today, protesting the excessive Covid policies of the government (at this point that's the wearing a mask in public transport, certain shops and places like supermarkets and pharmacies, and in hospitals, retirement homes and other places where risk groups might get exposed).  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Are they chanting "USA, USA, USA" like ours were over the weekend?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2022, 03:46:26 PMAre they chanting "USA, USA, USA" like ours were over the weekend?
I wonder what the US protesters are singing?  :hmm:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 02, 2022, 05:08:09 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2022, 03:46:26 PMAre they chanting "USA, USA, USA" like ours were over the weekend?
I wonder what the US protesters are singing?  :hmm:

Oh Canada?

Jacob

Looks like 1.5 million people in North Korea have fever symptoms after the first reported Corona case in that country. Apparently Kim Jung-Un is criticizing various officials and blaming them and their failures for the outbreak.

North Korea, as I understand it, didn't do any kind of vaccination (ruling clique excepted, I suppose). And with the typical totalitarian mentality in place, it'll likely be very difficult to contain the spread... and they don't have any international partners who are going to help either. It's probably going to get pretty grim there :(

Josquius

Hadn't heard of this before. Apparently Cuba developed its own covid vaccine and.... it works.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03470-x

Quite funny to compare and contrast to China.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

The Chinese vaccines work. They are good vaccines. One is more effective than the other but they're very helpful and important (AZ has been used on more people but I think Sinovac is second).
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

108 cases in 10 non-African countries for Monkeypox.  :ph34r:

Not nearly as infectious as SARS-Cov2

Tamas

Guardian wrote its been spreading among gay men.