And we're back!

Main Menu

Got Into D&D This Year...

Started by C.C.R., December 21, 2019, 05:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
Hey! Nice to see you again!

I am totally starting a D&D game as well. First live RPG gaming in...20years?

Are going to give 5e a try or go with an older version?

C.C.R.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Zoupa on December 23, 2019, 02:22:42 AM
My halfling Bard just reached level 9  :cool: He plays the bongos.

And hey chief. Long time no see  :hug:

Lol. I played a human ranger, because I didn't know any better... :p

mongers

Quote from: C.C.R. on December 27, 2019, 08:50:27 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on December 23, 2019, 02:22:42 AM
My halfling Bard just reached level 9  :cool: He plays the bongos.

And hey chief. Long time no see  :hug:

Lol. I played a human ranger, because I didn't know any better... :p

Talking of a long time ago, can people remember the names and classes of their first roleplaying characters?

The only ones that spring to mind are:

Swallnock - human cleric - 2nd ed. D&D

Thain - human* MU -  - 2nd ed. D&D  *later permanently turned into a hawk.

Bellovaci - human thief  - 2nd ed. D&D

Olag - elf fighter/MU (?)  - 2nd ed. D&D

I can't for the life of me remember any of the C&S or runequest characters.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Valdimyr Dystan:  D&D,  Cavalier 9th lvl

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

Quote from: C.C.R. on December 27, 2019, 08:49:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
Hey! Nice to see you again!

I am totally starting a D&D game as well. First live RPG gaming in...20years?

Are going to give 5e a try or go with an older version?

Just going with 5e.

Although I do miss the Dragonlance setting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

If someone created a electronic database for Rolemaster to save time looking up all the charts, that would be the one I would go back to.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Berkut on December 27, 2019, 05:40:01 PM
Just going with 5e.

Although I do miss the Dragonlance setting.

I've become quite Taken with The Forgotten Realms, but that might just be because that's all I know...

:blush:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 31, 2019, 03:30:27 PM
If someone created a electronic database for Rolemaster to save time looking up all the charts, that would be the one I would go back to.

Somebody did do try that but then they slipped while holding a paper chart and the ensuing paper cut severed their head.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

My brother gifted me the 5th edition Handbooks this Christmas so I'll probably be joining the nostalgia-midlife crisis D&D trip  :P

PDH

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 13, 2020, 12:18:12 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 31, 2019, 03:30:27 PM

Somebody did do try that but then they slipped while holding a paper chart and the ensuing paper cut severed their head.

The paper head of Vecna!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

celedhring

I had a blast with rolemaster back in the time, particularly with the hilarious crit/fumble tables, but it was way too fiddly. Ultimately we went back to MERP which was a lighter weight version of that system.

God, I loved MERP (I guess that's not a surprise given my username).

Oexmelin

Started a campaign of Blades in the Dark over Christmas break. It's a really neat little system, in a world inspired by that of Dishonored (which I really liked). 
Que le grand cric me croque !