News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Elections 2024

Started by Habbaku, December 13, 2019, 10:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

2020 is old and busted. Let's talk about how 2024 will work. Who will try to stop Trump getting his rightful third term?

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1205211276005101568

QuoteI'll be on @seanhannity 2nite @FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that's why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

How is doing something allowed in the Constitution illegal?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

With luck Trump might become senile, which would make him a better president in the third and fourth terms.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Good idea, it makes it easier to just switch to Jr when Donnie dies in 2023 because he's so very old.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Oexmelin

Are you really that surprised, every time the Republicans label something the Democrats propose, do, argue, as "illegal"?

Republicans have been engaged in a full battle to delegitimize their opponents for years now - tarring them as illegal, illegitimate, corrupt, treasonous, engaged in conspiracies, un-American, foreign, secretly plotting the overthrow of what "real" America thinks, wants, and feels. Whether or not something is constitutional, allowed, healthy for a democracy, legitimate, etc. has no relevance to the onslaught against the very notion of legitimate opposition. This is why it is, and should be, extremely concerning - and why the possibility of the third term, another political talking point, is not to be dismissed lightly.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Berkut

This entire thing is just fucking fascinating.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Maybe this right here is the answer to the Fermi paradox.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

I never got the Black Eyed Peas.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on December 13, 2019, 10:17:34 AM
With luck Trump might become senile, which would make him a better president in the third and fourth terms.

Henry VI was definitely a better king when he was in his drooling stupors.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 13, 2019, 10:19:28 AM
Are you really that surprised, every time the Republicans label something the Democrats propose, do, argue, as "illegal"?

Republicans have been engaged in a full battle to delegitimize their opponents for years now - tarring them as illegal, illegitimate, corrupt, treasonous, engaged in conspiracies, un-American, foreign, secretly plotting the overthrow of what "real" America thinks, wants, and feels. Whether or not something is constitutional, allowed, healthy for a democracy, legitimate, etc. has no relevance to the onslaught against the very notion of legitimate opposition. This is why it is, and should be, extremely concerning - and why the possibility of the third term, another political talking point, is not to be dismissed lightly.

One wonders how far the Republicans are from declaring that elections are suspect and should be suspended until appropriately fixed - pun intended.

Habbaku

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 13, 2019, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on December 13, 2019, 10:19:28 AM

One wonders how far the Republicans are from declaring that elections are suspect and should be suspended until appropriately fixed - pun intended.

With so many million illegal votes being cast, we don't want to take any risks, do we?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Oexmelin

Oh, absolutely. Remember when Trump said he may not recognize Clinton if she won? The seeds of that line of thinking have been planted. Frum is right when we've says conservatives had to ask themselves if they loved conservatism or democracy more - and they are choosing conservatism.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 13, 2019, 12:58:34 PM
Oh, absolutely. Remember when Trump said he may not recognize Clinton if she won? The seeds of that line of thinking have been planted. Frum is right when we've says conservatives had to ask themselves if they loved conservatism or democracy more - and they are choosing democracy.

You mean they are choosing conservatism, I assume. And if so, I agree.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius