News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Ray Stevenson will be in Ahsoka.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ahsoka-ray-stevenson-rosario-dawson-star-wars-series-1235091736/

You may remember him from HBO's Rome, or Vikings. HWR says he will play an admiral, but NOT Thrawn.

He was on Clone Wars and Rebels as Gar Saxon (Clan Saxon was part of House Vizsla). Saxon was commander of the Super Commandos in Maul's Shadow Collective and later served as Imperial governor/vice-roy of Mandalore. He also was an Emperor's Hand. However, he died in Rebels, so not likely he'll play the same character. But seeing how Jon Favreau played Pre Vizsla (who was beheaded in Clone Wars) and now plays Paz Vizsla in the live action shows, it's not impossible that he plays another character from the same clan.

Meanwhile, Kevin McKidd, who played Mandalorian Fenn Rau on Rebels expressed interest in reprising the role for live action. Fenn Rau was the leader of the Protectors of Concord Dawn was first captured by and then later joined the Rebels and also aided in the struggle to free Mandalore.

For Kenobi, there's rumors that Rupert Friend will play the Grand Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels.

Which would be a bit of a shame, because on Rebels he was voiced by the always excellent Jason Isaacs. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I saw people on twitter claim that he had been cast as Thrawn, which looked like a severe miscasting to me - happy to see that this is not apparently the case.

I really hope they bring back Mikkelsen for the role.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 10, 2022, 10:18:04 AM
Well I am glad someone enjoyed it.  I found it boring and stupid.   Boba turns out to be even more of a fool than previously thought.  He really just took everyone at their word that they would not turn on him?  Mando immediately recognized that was the smart play for the others.  And then childlike Boba repeated it was.  The episode is full of those sorts of things.  The cavalry turns out to be one transport of bad fighters (really that was what Boba was counting on to turn the tide).  Another stupid Western duel. 

And to top it all off, they could have just gone and taken out the leadership of the invading group all along.  The whole thing was ridiculous.

Mando should not have been splattered with this mess.

I'm with cynical CC on this. It felt like there was a ton of nonsensical rules. Cad Bane appears but because Boba Fett doesn't want to duel then honor(?) has it all wait to kick off till the bad guys roll their other force in BUT then it is totally okay for Fennec to just run over and kill the opposing leadership.

Also Boba agrees to plan to split up all his forces for a warning system that doesn't actually provide any useful warning? Also, I loved when the one mod, with the black lady from Freetown, told the black lady she'd distract the droid while black lady sniped the fighters but like they were stationed on the roof side by side so any droid fire would come at them both. And I literally said outloud to my husband on that final Western-style duel - wow, there was literally nothing entertaining about that scene at all.

Apart from the bits with Mando and his cast of characters, a very forgettable series with little to commend it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

There's not much "there" there, but still it's fun watching people walk around in the Star Wars universe.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Sure which is why I watched it all. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 12, 2022, 09:07:03 AM
There's not much "there" there, but still it's fun watching people walk around in the Star Wars universe.

That's me, and why I tend to be quite forgiving of Star Wars content in general. Even as a kid I didn't really get invested in Luke's story which is why I didn't swoon like many fans did when he showed up in the shows (actually, I was WAY more excited to see Cad Bane :D ). But I love seeing more of the universe, and see stories about it, bonus if it's new or minor characters - though I get why they tie things in with known characters and try to funnel viewers into other content by bringing in characters from animated shows, comics and books. And I think it's fine if done in moderation. The canon and old expanded universe are so big that anytime they need character archetypes they could just fill the ranks from there. Mando Season 1 stood quite well on its own, Season 2 started to bring in quite a number of characters (Luke, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, Bo-Katan, Boba Fett ...), but I thought it was ok, because Din had been well established as his own person by that point.

Anyways, for me that galaxy far, far away is just a great sandbox to escape to, and it has to be truly awful for me to not enjoy it (some early Clone Wars episodes were a bit hard to sit through). :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, Din is so knowledgeable in some areas, and in others, well, he can be charmingly simple.  :lol:

(There's also the video from last year after season 2, "5 minutes of Din not knowing he's in Star Wars." :D )
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Patton Oswalt on Parks & Recreation predicting a scene from Book of Boba Fett :P

https://youtu.be/Ke9pwEeU8yI
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

- He supervises construction of an stellar base offering thousand of jobs
- He offers his son a high responsibility position in the company
- He recruits without any kind of discrimination
- He organizes a suprise party for his daughter's engagement...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

celedhring

Nobody posted the Obi-Wan trailer yet?

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1501630785190719488?t=gc3xJ6w7zoDH_1w1GU2WIw&s=09

First impressions are okay. The Grand Inquisitor's make up looks awful in real-action though.

Syt

Teaser trailer for Kenobi: https://youtu.be/TWTfhyvzTx0

Looks like inquisitors are out hunting him. Which makes sense - Vader knows that Kenobi survived their duel. So that makes him an obvious target.

Bit concerned about the appearance of what surely are the Grand Inquisitor and the Fifth Brother from Rebels. Their appearance in the show:

Their appearance in the trailer:

I tend to not get hung up too much about differences between appearance in animation vs live action but ... damn. For the Grand Inquisitor it's especially weird, since we have seen what his race looks like in Episode III:

And I think Jason Isaacs' voice was great for the character: https://youtu.be/XII0OMkOu9k

(Isaacs expressed interest in the past of reprising his role - but ... oh well.)

We can surmise that some of these characters survive - Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother show up in Rebels which is set shortly before A New Hope. I assume Kenobi will fake his death (or be presumed dead) so they can focus on other targets?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I like this take on Book of Boba Fett. Mostly because it summarizes my view quite well. :P

https://youtu.be/U9Xqa7ZPsy0?list=LL
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, Kenobi premiere moved from 25th May (release date of original Star Wars) to Friday, May 27th, and it will drop the first two episodes.
—Stephen Jay Gould