News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Although Tatooine [spoiler]is still a desert planet in Rise of Skywalker, so... :P[/spoiler]

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on January 12, 2022, 05:01:35 PM
Although Tatooine [spoiler]is still a desert planet in Rise of Skywalker, so... :P[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well at least where Luke used to live. :P[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2022, 03:07:49 PM
"Well, there are people — I'm thinking of Captain Rex for one. He looks a little like me. There's Commander Cody. What happened to those guys? There's all those clone armies," Morrison said. "That could be something fresh and new and exciting."

:hmm:
[/quote]

Cody had his chip activated and stayed loyal to the Empire until he was forcibly retired.
Rex, we kinda know from Rebels and The Bad Batch what he did.
Mr Morrison is a little out of date on his Star Wars lore, contrary to us. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Have we actually seen how Cody's life played out after Ep. 3? I do expect him to show up in The Bad Batch, though.

As for Rex, yes, we know about him up to ROTJ. However, there's a gap between ROTS and Rebels (him meeting Gregor and Wolff and going off into exile), and of course he could be a character in the Ahsoka show which would be most fitting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Plus Morrisson is age-appropiate for playing the clones in the Rebellion-New Republic era  :P

Syt

I know the look is divisive (I happen to like it - the paintjobs remind me of bumper cars and other carnival rides of my childhood), but this looks VERY much like something George Lucas could have added, considering his love for nostalgic Americana. I mean, these would mesh well with Dexter's Diner in Episode 2. :P

Also, is this the first time we see proper cyborgs in Star Wars live action? Well, besides Luke and Vader. And Lobot. And the Decraniated. Well, you know what I mean, people who do this voluntarily. :P (I'm reminded of the Cyborg "race" in SWTOR).

(Actually, they might also be inspired by UK mod culture.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

As I said, they made me think of the Power Ranger bikes.  :P

The cyborg aspect felt a bit tacky - more Inspector Gadget than transhumanism, particularly the dude with the extensible foot  :P - but they've just introduced the characters, gotta give them room.

Syt

Yes, some of the modifications seemed oddly specific for the scene, but I could see them making sense if they e.g. got into scraps with other biker gangs on the regular.

I kind of hope that with a bit of normalization for cyborgs we might get to see Beilert Valance at some point. He was a cyborg bounty hunter in the old Marvel comics (even before Empire Strikes Back, IIRC) with a pretty cool arc of going from villain to good guy (unusual at the time), and he's been brought back in the comics and fans seem to like him (haven't read any of his stories).

He did the Terminator look before Terminator (incidentally, in those stories he died after being dropped into a lake of lava acid after fighting Vader; I think his brain survived and he returned later?).

EDIT: Actually, since he was introduced in 1978, he might have been one of, if not the first bounty hunter introduced in Star Wars.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Bright blue is not the Terminator look.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Kids on scooters that are taken seriously.  I guess Boba is really desperate.

Syt

I usually watch Star Wars Explained's chat after episodes of these shows. This time they had Lucky Yates (i.e. the voice of Krieger - and the basis for Ray's face - on Archer). He seems to be a bit of a Star Wars fan. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Heh, apparently the line "I've ridden beasts 10 times its size" is a reference to the Star Wars holiday special  :lol:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/boba-fett-star-wars-holiday-special-canon

Syt

That seems to be the consensus, yes. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on January 13, 2022, 02:22:18 AM
Plus Morrisson is age-appropiate for playing the clones in the Rebellion-New Republic era  :P

Trust the internet to make a mock-up. I like it. :D

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Incidentally seeing Morrison in armor again has reminded me of this forgotten Playstation game, where he voiced Jango: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyyyBBjaKdU&ab_channel=Gamer%27sLittlePlayground

I have fond memories of it, of course it looks like crap 20 years later.