News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah, I find it hard to recommend, but I also think people are too harsh on it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Reading a bit on the plot it certainly does sound like they borrow from Robotech/Macross, now that was an awesome cartoon :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on July 10, 2021, 01:42:58 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 09, 2021, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 09, 2021, 01:51:05 PM
Star Wars and Harlock Saga were my fundational space-operas when I was a kid, so I'm actually looking forward to anime Star Wars  :blush:

Yeah, can't be worse than the prequels or the Disney movies.

For Harlock Saga, both the '70s and '80s animes? Did you watch the latter movie?  Maybe they will recycle it for Star Wars.  :P

Grew up watching the 1970s anime, but I caught the 80s one at a later age. I did watch the live action movie too, which was awful.

I'm a big fan.

Live action movie? I was speaking of the 2013 anime movie.  :D

celedhring

Yeah, I meant that one. Somehow I had it in my mind it was live action, not just 3D. Anyway, it was awful.

crazy canuck

Has it always been the case that a barren moon has an earth like atmosphere in the Star Wars universe?

Solmyr

I was pondering whether I should watch Resistance to catch up on the canon/storylines (watched Clone Wars and Rebels earlier this year), but sounds like it's not necessary.

Eddie Teach

I would assume there's been quite a bit of terraforming.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 11, 2021, 12:32:03 PM
I would assume there's been quite a bit of terraforming.

Perhaps, but not on that moon. 

Syt

Considering that in Legends Onderon and its moon Dxun (which had the same gravity and could also retain breathable air) were so close that their atmospheres regularly touched and allowed beasts to move from one to the other I try not to question the astromechanics of the Star Wars universe too much. :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Ha, I did not know that.  So I guess, in that context, an earthlike atmosphere, gravity etc everywhere, including barren moons, is completely unremarkable.  :D

Syt

Star Wars has always been playing kinda fast and loose with that kind of stuff. Think of Empire Strike's back when they're inside the space slug. It's a small planetoid, but they have normal Earth gravity (not to mention that they only need a mask to survive what is likely a cave exposed to space since the slug monster has its mouth open till they try to escape).
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Lucasfilm hires a professionnal deepfakers

A professional Youtuber/Deepfake artist who specializes in SW deepfakes and has put samples of his videos online was just hired by Lucasfilm.
It's an impressive work.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Today's Bad Batch. Fun episode, also the Kamino arc finally gets advanced.

[spoiler]"Infiltrate secret Imperial base" is probably one of my favorite Star Wars tropes. Of course this one is also carved inside a mountain.  :D

Also, did we ever learn how Gregor made it out alive of that suicidal battle in CW? I don't think so.[/spoiler]

Syt

Re: [spoiler]Gregor - "Somehow he's back" :P [/spoiler]

[spoiler]The use of the Death Star escape music from A New Hope gave me goosebumps. [/spoiler] :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Speculation: [spoiler]Also, slightly unsure if Crosshair is still thinking the Empire is a good thing. He seemed a bit pensive after Howzer's speech on Ryloth, and maybe he asked Rampart for permission to hunt the Batch as a way to reconnect. His face was blasted on Bracca where the chip would be, so maybe that disabled it? And this episode also leaves his motivation open at the end. He wanted to catch the whole squad, but Hunter "will do." For what?

Someone mentioned that Delta Squad from Republic Commando hunted deserters after the war, and that they would be a cool new group of villains for the Bad Batch, and we saw that commandos are now training the new Stormtroopers, so .... [/spoiler]
—Stephen Jay Gould