And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 18, 2020, 09:05:30 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2020, 08:52:43 AM
In Lost Stars, one of the main characters is stationed aboard the Death Star. After the Alderaan attack he was part of a squadron that was sent to investigate Dantooine. So I would assume he survived that way. Or there were other stranded TIEs like Vader's.

Plausible. He didn't display a strong survival instinct given the way he taunted Cara.  :P

The show is supposed to happen some 20 years before all went tits up with Luke's Jedi academy, no? So there's still plenty of time to get Grogu involved, although since he's still essentially a baby after 50 years, he won't be developing much...

Considering Yoda lived to be 900-something, and Grogu is 50, I just divide their age by 10 to guess what their equivalent human age is (though Grogu seems a tad slow for a 5 year old :P ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

To be fair to Grogu, he's spent years (even decades?) in captivity as a guinea pig. That's probably not going to help his cognitive development.

The only thing I really missed was a bit more on Grogu's story since he survived Order 66, but I guess that will fleshed out in the appropiate tie-ins, Disney needs its money.  :P

I was particularly intrigued in how did he first escape from Novarro's facility. I presume somebody helped him.

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on December 18, 2020, 09:04:11 AMI dunno, the face looked totally plastered on to me. There was obvious blur around it.

Yes, the blur was distracting. I'm not sure if it was better or worse than Tarking in Rogue One.

Fans were suggesting Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier) as a possible recast for a young Luke.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Random thought: Sasha Banks wrestling Boba Fett was fun!

Also, we see again that Bo-Katan is used to being in a leadership role and has a lot of experience - her detailing the plan for the assault was showcasing that nicely. "This is what we deal with, this is what we do. Questions? Good."

Also, Ming-Na Wen who plays Fennec Shand is 57 years old :o
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2020, 11:17:15 AM
better or worse than Tarking in Rogue One.

Somehow it bothered me less than ancient James Earl Jones voicing Darth Vader.

It also kind of makes me wish I had become an agent, I could get a nice portfolio of dead actors to represent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on December 18, 2020, 11:34:55 AM
Mark Hamill isn't dead  :lol:

I was talking about Peter Cushing. I would still have to wait to get Hamill as a client.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

As an aside, I distinctly remember from my IP Law classes that dead people had no image rights, except in the state of California (because Hollywood). Might have changed since then, though.

Syt

Btw, do you think Luke found it weird, that he got to watch a dad take off his helmet for his (adopted) child? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

That moment would have carried more emotional weight if he hadn't previously removed it for Bill Burr  :P

Syt

The High Republic novel will release on 5th January. Apparently, there's also going to be a kids' novel, a YA novel, a comic series, and an animated show (The Acolyte). Looks like Disney is really testing the waters on this, kinda like the Shadows of the Empire project in 1996 where Lucasfilm did everything they would for a movie (book, comics, games, soundtrack, toys) to gauge interest in the franchise.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Um where have you heard Acolyte is animated?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2020, 02:42:52 PM
Um where have you heard Acolyte is animated?

It seems I mixed that up. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son