News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 02, 2020, 02:51:57 AM
:lol:

One of the characters in Jedi: Fallen Order said she and her Padawan saved younglings from the temple during the purge, so people are speculating that either she or Cal Kestis might show up in the show.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2020, 03:56:13 AM

:lol:

There was a very similar joke in a Spanish comic strip on Twitter last week.  :P

Barrister

Come on - isn't that the basic storyline of more than half D&D modules out there.

I really like the show, I even think it is written well, but the plotlines and themes are extremely well-worn.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Oooh boy indeed. (SPOILERS TO FOLLOW)

I really liked the episode, but what that heck has Boba Fett been doing the past 4 or 5 years? He probably knew where his armor was. He still had his ship. Was he just chilling? His sand people weapons seem to indicate he spent time on Tatooine. Maybe he pulled a Maul and turned feral, somehow surviving in the Sarlacc until it was eaten by the Krayt dragon? :P I expect/hope we'll get some exposition in the next episode, because it seems like a big gap.

Still surprisingly agile considering he looks pretty banged up. Fennec coming back is not a huge surprise; it's been speculated about since the scene after the Gunslinger episode. Bit surprised that Boba Fett is so big on honor, keeping his word, etc. Maybe it's different because Din is a fellow Mandalorian, but previously I had the impression that Boba Fett tends to look out for himself first and foremost. And he didn't factor into any of the Mandalorian plotlines of Clone Wars or Rebels, so this seems a bit sudden. How did he track Din, though? Another tracking beacon? Did he figure out his "home base" on Nevarro and then followed the Imperial beacon once it was installed?

Speculation of whether or not Boba Fett counts as Mandalorian is finally settled, I suppose, with Jango being a foundling, like Din.

I liked that they brought in what looked like predecessors to the landing craft used in The Force Awakens. Nice design. I also liked that they made an attempt to portray a Stormtrooper unit as a military outfit, with machine gun and mortar. (They were still incompetent, but an attempt was made :P ) Also, Din blocking blaster bolts with his armor has to go wrong at some point, no? :P

Well, good bye Razorcrest, that's one accident you won't be coming back from (and after it just got overhauled, too!). :weep:

Dark Troopers! :w00t: (I'm generally happy they like to bring in cool stuff from the old EU, I suspect it's Filoni's influence)

It's unclear who or what Grogu saw during his meditation, if anything. Possible Jedi/force users at this time that we know about are: Luke (duh), Leia, Ezra Bridger (probably still alive), Ahsoka, and possibly Cal Kestis and Cere Junda from Jedi: Fallen Order (both characters used the likenesses of their voice actors - Cameron Monaghan known as Joker on Gotham and Debra Wilson who is mostly known as voice actress - so transitioning them to live action would not be too hard). And then there's a whole gallery of force ghosts that he could have communed with, I suppose.

Oh, and I was underwhelmed by Tython. I was hoping for some proper ruins, but who knows what happened the last few millennia. Except for the name it could have been pretty much any random planet. :P

So what's next? A prison break, and then taking (or trying to take) the child back? I'm somewhat expecting them to follow the Rebels formula a bit where each season finale raised the stakes and escalated the story and scope.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Yeah I was hoping for little more re: tython

I've seen bits and pieces of the Clone wars and Rebels shows. I guess I should give them a proper view.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

It was one of the episodes where a lot that was happening didn't make much sense (Fett's presence, backstory, and motivations in particular) but I'll just go with the flow on account on how cool it is  :lol:

Also, Fett looks like he could use some time on the threadmill...

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 04, 2020, 07:53:36 AM
Also, Fett looks like he could use some time on the threadmill...

It's all muscle. :P

I hope we get a bit more info on Fett next episode - what he did since ROTJ, how he found Mando, etc., so I'll let it slide for now.

There was one moment I rolled my eyes at, when the E-Web shoots at Fennec, and she runs on top of the rocks instead of, you know - BEHIND THEM

Oh, and Mando trying to pick up Grogo from the Force force field (heh) and getting repulsed every time. I admire his tenacity, but dude - get a hint. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2020, 07:56:58 AM
I hope we get a bit more info on Fett next episode - what he did since ROTJ, how he found Mando, etc., so I'll let it slide for now.

I hope so, because everything about him in this episode makes extremely little sense.

I presume he hates the Jedi, since they killed his father. That's something I hope will come into play.

Syt

Well, he tried to kill Mace Windu in Clone Wars. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2020, 12:09:34 PM
Well, he tried to kill Mace Windu in Clone Wars. :P

Only watched two seasons of that.  :lol: