And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on May 04, 2020, 02:58:00 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 04, 2020, 01:29:18 PM
In how many projects is Waititi involved at the moment? He is doing stuff for Marvel (directing the new Thor movie), DC (acting in the new Suicide Squad), his own projects (reading now about him I just discovered that he's directing a comedy about Michael Fassbender being the coach of the American Samoa football team  :lol: ), now this Star Wars stuff... I'm getting some post-GOT Benioff & Weiss vibes from him at the moment, putting his fingers in every pie there is.

Yeah, except unlike those assholes, he's actually followed through on his myriad projects. Also, the schedule isn't that bogged down. He has his projects, sure, but the spacing on them (his SW film likely due for 2023 release) seems fairly normal. Katmai could probably comment further.

I do hope so, I wouldn't want him to spread himself too thin and be a victim of his own success.

Also, in a fortuitous connection, I just saw that Mark Hamill will appear in next week's What we do in the Shadows episode, portraying an ancient vampire, rival of Laszlo.  :lol: Apparently Hamill is a huge What we do in the Shadows fan.  :)

FunkMonk

Could it be, after decades of dross (except Clone Wars), we shall see a new Golden Age of Star Wars??
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Seems unlikely, but isn't impossible if they put the proper talent to work.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

I saw Ep 9.

Why did everyone hate the movie?

My favorite moment was hearing the voice of Asohka & Kanaan.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on May 04, 2020, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 04, 2020, 02:50:24 PM
Alan Tudyk has the best MayThe4th tweet :lol:

https://twitter.com/AlanTudyk/status/1257392563088220162?s=20

This inmediately came to my mind.  :lol:

Closer to home than that (for Tudyk) ;)
It's a reference to an episode of Firefly, the first one, maybe.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

It's his opening line from Firefly, yes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

It's been a loooooong time since I saw Firefly, as if I'd remember any lines.  :P

Syt

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" has become reasonably popular amongst geeks. :P

This is the scene referenced - it's right after the Civil War intro of the original pilot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxFrgql5dc

It's very Joss Whedon. :P

Btw, Alan Tudyk has a new show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIlo-avH9rU
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Unpopular opinion, I didn't really enjoy Firefly that much.  :P

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on May 08, 2020, 03:43:59 AM

:o :o :o
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on May 08, 2020, 03:43:59 AM

Most overrated series ever.

Syt

Firefly was one of the rare instances where I re-binged all episodes immediately after watching it the first time.

The main reason it drew me in was that initially it felt very much like what I would have expected a Han Solo TV show to feel like. Wild west in space, hijinks, silly dialogue ...
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

More importantly, if you didn't like the show, that's fine. You probably also liked something that I thought was crap. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2020, 06:35:59 AM
I've never seen it. :blush:

If you don't like Joss Whedon's style of dialogue and writing, I would steer clear. In my personal circle of friends, many people who liked Buffy/Angel, also loved Firefly. Personally, I've not watched those shows, so can't comment.
—Stephen Jay Gould