News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Some seem to argue that the prices are so high because otherwise the queues would be insane and they wouldn't be able to accommodate everyone who wants to get a pic/autograph.

Dunno what the going rate is these days. Around 2000 I went with a friend to a semi-annual toy/movie/comic convention a few times and got one time an autograph of Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) and one from Claudia Christian (Ivanova on Babylon 5). I think I paid around €15 at the time?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2023, 01:27:46 PMBad Batch's treasure hunt episode was rather flat, imho. Pirates and buried treasures should be a home run for me (they seem to want to go for a bit of Goonies/Indy vibe), but the episode wasn't really that fun or creative. The trials felt a bit perfunctory.

It only got interesting when they reveal that the treasure was actually some kind of super-walker from a dead civilization, I wish they ellaborated a bit more on the lore surrounding it. Has this thingie shown up in other Star Wars media? I have to check if Star Wars Explained has touched on it.

I thought the treasure hunt was fine, albeit a bit by the numbers (Kevin Kiner's soundtrack was, again, awesome). The reveal was a big "wait what??" moment, though. :D People speculate that it may relate to the Zeffo, the ancient alien race from the Jedi: Fallen Order game - there's some notable design similarities. With a new game coming soon, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a "sneak preview" of sorts. I assume the episode mostly served to establish Wanda Sykes' character - i.e. a brash adventurer, but ultimately one of the "good guys." Was a bit shocked at the fate of the little droid, though. :D

New episode was good. Loved seeing the Kinrath, originally from KotOR. And it was surprisingly brutal for the show - no stun shots by the Batch, the Trandoshan accidentally setting his ally on fire, and ultimately getting taken by the Kinrath:ph34r: I assume messing up the job at the start will not be entirely without consequence, and there seems to be slowly mounting evidence that Omega might have at least some light force sensitivity (like when she "sensed" that something was off, and then seemed to "feel" Gungi using his force abilities and looking over to him. This would tie in with the whole "Empire looking for force users/maintaining a cloning program" and the episode titles for the season seem to hint that we will see Mount Tantiss again ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Yeah, this episode was better. As you say, the action is more creative with some mild gruesomeness baked in. Also Gungi is awesome. One of my favorite episodes of Clone Wars is the younglings getting their kyber crystals one, which is bittersweet to watch knowing that they will all die to Order 66. Well, at least Gungi survived.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2023, 03:48:01 PMYeah, this episode was better. As you say, the action is more creative with some mild gruesomeness baked in. Also Gungi is awesome. One of my favorite episodes of Clone Wars is the younglings getting their kyber crystals one, which is bittersweet to watch knowing that they will all die to Order 66. Well, at least Gungi survived.

Also, knowing that the Empire strip-mined Ilum for kyber crystals for the Death Star. And that the First Order then converted the planet into Starkiller base.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Just saw a twitter post with all the animation studios doing the second season of Star Wars Visions.

Aardman Star Wars is a thing I just realized I need in my life  :w00t: 

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on February 01, 2023, 01:27:46 PMHas this thingie shown up in other Star Wars media? I have to check if Star Wars Explained has touched on it.
None that I am aware of.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

QuoteWas a bit shocked at the fate of the little droid, though.
Well, rewatch the end of the episode ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on February 02, 2023, 01:03:00 PM
QuoteWas a bit shocked at the fate of the little droid, though.
Well, rewatch the end of the episode ;)

I know, but still :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on February 02, 2023, 01:04:31 PMAardman Star Wars  :lol: :wub:

I didn't know the name and had to google...

:lol:

Yes I do want to see this!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2023, 03:38:41 PMI didn't know the name and had to google...

:lol:

Yes I do want to see this!

Same and same :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, those were two excellent episodes.

And Kevin Kiner keeps knocking them out of the park in terms of soundtrack. :wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Run of the mill episode, but not entirely bad.  Got to wait for the conclusion next week for final judgement.

Syt

I liked Tech's portrayal in the last episode. He always seemed to be characterized as somewhat on the autistic spectrum, and his line "I may be experiencing and processing moments differently, but that doesn't mean I care less" seems to confirm that.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

I liked it.

My perspective is always a little different since I watch the show with my 9 years old son & in french.

Showing a young child experiencing the changing tides of adults in her life and than learning a) to deal with it on her own, b) that others will deal with it in their own ways too and c) that almost nothing is brand new to adults compare to a child.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.