News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 29, 2022, 11:58:23 PMAlso fuck that guy who pushed over the little droid. What a dick.

Elsewhere it's been said that this is the moment that started the Rebellion. :D

Syt

Considering how they made B2 very much like a (talking) pet dog, even with his little dog (charging) bed, I loved how this was literally a Kick The Dog moment: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheDog

:D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Jesus that article has a lot of blue text.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I think the Dave Filoni is going to do to Luke Skywalker in the Mandoverse what he did to Anakin Skywalker into the Cloneverse, only without him being the main character this time.

I have 1 episode left of Andor to watch but wow. What a show. I don't remember many SW properties that are not from Dave Filoni that I've actually like.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2022, 01:55:22 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 29, 2022, 11:39:50 PMAndor has no business being this good. I'm used to schlocky nonsense and fan service.

I hope Disney gives the showrunner more to do after the second season. It would be a huge lost opportunity if they don't.

I mentioned before that it reminds me more of the (better) Star Wars novels (old EU or new canon), and admittedly I have a preference for stories focused away from the Skywalker saga and "big name" characters (hence why I liked the X-Wing books, or the tie ins for the two EA Battlefront games with the first one esp. being more military fiction, or Lost Stars which follows two childhood friends on opposite sides of the Empire/Rebellion conflict, or Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina/Jabba's Palace, or the two From A Certain Point of View books with short stories written from the POV of (mostly) "small" characters in ANH and ESB). The other shows (Mando, Boba, Kenobi) feel a lot more like reading comic books or watching the better episodes of Clone Wars or Rebels.

Absolutely. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread but after I watched the first few episodes I felt like I was watching the RP sessions with friends that I had as a kid :lol:

I did a lot of online simming (on AOL and through IRC and newsgroups/forums and play-by-email) in the 90s and this show channeled everything from my young imagination.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2022, 02:36:24 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2022, 01:55:22 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 29, 2022, 11:39:50 PMAndor has no business being this good. I'm used to schlocky nonsense and fan service.

I hope Disney gives the showrunner more to do after the second season. It would be a huge lost opportunity if they don't.

I mentioned before that it reminds me more of the (better) Star Wars novels (old EU or new canon), and admittedly I have a preference for stories focused away from the Skywalker saga and "big name" characters (hence why I liked the X-Wing books, or the tie ins for the two EA Battlefront games with the first one esp. being more military fiction, or Lost Stars which follows two childhood friends on opposite sides of the Empire/Rebellion conflict, or Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina/Jabba's Palace, or the two From A Certain Point of View books with short stories written from the POV of (mostly) "small" characters in ANH and ESB). The other shows (Mando, Boba, Kenobi) feel a lot more like reading comic books or watching the better episodes of Clone Wars or Rebels.

Mando also had that "fringe story" feel until they started throwing in Luke Skywalker...
He's been in Mando only once, for a few minutes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

At least twice, there was a scene where he collected Grogu and one where he was training him.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 01, 2022, 03:35:25 AMAt least twice, there was a scene where he collected Grogu and one where he was training him.
Hmm, no.   Only once, where he collected Grogu, that was the season finale.  Season 3 has not started yet.

I guess you are referring to the Book of Boba Fett?  I have not watched this, but it is a different show.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Possibly.

They may have different titles but Boba does continue Mando's storyline.

Syt

One or two episodes are basically Mando S2.5
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I also quite disliked that they used those two episodes to - besides setting up the Mandalore storyline - essentially undo the Mandalorian second season finale. That felt like a classic "we're afraid of changing the base dynamic of the show" TV moment.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on December 01, 2022, 10:48:27 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 01, 2022, 03:35:25 AMAt least twice, there was a scene where he collected Grogu and one where he was training him.
Hmm, no.   Only once, where he collected Grogu, that was the season finale.  Season 3 has not started yet.

I guess you are referring to the Book of Boba Fett?  I have not watched this, but it is a different show.

It's really not. You should watch it even if it isn't that good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2022, 03:31:39 PM
:lmfao:

Yes, definately, people with a hardon for law & order are the Democrats :P

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2022, 09:22:59 AMIt's really not. You should watch it even if it isn't that good.
Ok, I have seen it.

The scooter gang was ridiculous.  That 40km/h high speed chase through the streets of Mos Espa was totally ridiculous.  Boba Fett not anticipating that a bunch of criminals would betray him to the most powerful cartel was ridiculous.  Everything feels wrong in this show.

Ah. Well.  Hopefully Mando S3 is much better.