News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Was it ever explained how Reva knew Anakin's children hadn't died?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 26, 2022, 01:54:18 PMWas it ever explained how Reva knew Anakin's children hadn't died?

She found the holo recording (sloppy Obiwan)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Oexmelin

I simply assumed she thought they were force sensitive kids Obiwan was protecting.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 26, 2022, 02:09:21 PMI simply assumed she thought they were force sensitive kids Obiwan was protecting.

Agreed. Not sure if she knows Luke is Anakin's kid. She surely didn't seem to know it about Leia. And based on the message from Bail Antilles she only knows that the kid on Tatooine is important enough for an Alderaan senator and viceroy to go and ensure his safety personally. She knows about Owen; chances are she might have learned Luke's last name while figuring out how to find the Lars homestead? Though killing Anakin's kid that was being hidden from him (and he did not know about) would not make much sense in terms of revenge, unless you plan on reporting back to him. Killing Luke to hurt Obi-Wan seems more likely.

I liked Reva's backstory. A youngling who survived Order 66 and joined the inquisitors to gain access to Vader and take revenge is a cool concept (and explains why she seemed super-zealous, constantly feeling like she had to outdo the other inquisitors to hide her intentions while also trying to climb the ranks; and ultimately she became "the very thing she swore to destroy" to borrow a phrase from Obi-Wan :P ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

People have probably caught this by now, but anyways:

In Rebels, Ahsoka cuts Vader's mask on one side:

Earlier (in chronology), Kenobi cut the other side:

And only Luke in ROTJ gets him to fully unmask:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, Vader really should have gone for beskar armor :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on June 27, 2022, 06:33:14 AMAlso, Vader really should have gone for beskar armor :P

That is not The Way.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Looks dope. I'm cautiously optimistic, as Rogue One is probably my favourite SW film.

I think SW needs a win after the sequels, Boba Fett and Kenobi all being terrible (IMO).

celedhring

Trailers for this have looked great, but I'm guarded after the last disappointments. That said, those trailers look better than the Boba or Kenobi ones did. I also think that - on first glance - not relying on nostalgia will help.

Happy to see Whitaker back as Guerrera.

Syt

Looks like the Empire is getting its excavators from Krupp:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagger_288
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also fun to see an old early Star Destroyer design from the 70s by Colin Cantwell come to life. It was supposed to  show up in Solo, but its scene was cut.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Really liked the first episodes of Andor. It's the kind of stories I actually prefer - focusing on characters that haven't been covered by several movies and dozens of episodes of other shows, comics or books.

The plot ticks a lot of classic tropes in these kinds of "rebel" stories, but I don't mind. I enjoyed seeing Cassian trying to juggle his personal relationships and trying to lay low/get out in the wake of what he does in the intro.

I love the gritty retro look they've gone with for this. The corporate security facilities wouldn't look too out of place in the Outland/Alien universes. And the firebrand officer reminds me of a cross between Aliens' Gorman and Agent Cooper in Twin Peaks. Plus he gets a hardass sergeant who would fit in with a 19th century British military story. Shooting mostly in real locations also gives a more "real" look than some of the scenes shot in the volume as seen in the Kenobi show. I assume studios will start figuring out when to use it and when "traditional" CGI or sets (or mix) will be better.

Loved how at the end of ep. 3 the camera lingered on everyone's faces as the reality of what happened sinks in for them.

Also, I liked the flashbacks (handled MUCh better than in Book of Boba Fett), though not sure how I feel about them going full Amazon native tribe with Cassian's backstory.

Acting throughout was good, I thought, and a lovely number of Brit accents. Plus, I have a bit of a crush on Adria Arjona since I saw her on Good Omens. :blush:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zoupa

I really liked it too. And yeah she's gorgeous.

celedhring

Man, they released 3 episodes right off the bat? Gonna need some time to catch up.