News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Highly doubt that. The plot of the prequels was pretty good, it was the dialogue that shit the bed.

The sequels are just all around bad films.

crazy canuck

Watched episode one. Really freaking boring. The chase in the forest with a little girl was just ridiculous. I hope it gets better.

viper37

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2022, 08:25:51 PMI wonder if in 20 years the sequel trilogy will become beloved. :hmm:
let's not push it.  :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I liked the episodes too.  Great SW stuff.  :)
I really like little Leia:
Obi-Wan saying she reminds her of someone, "she was fearless too.  And stubborn.

That part made me really laugh, and remember the Clone Wars series.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2022, 09:42:40 PMWatched episode one. Really freaking boring. The chase in the forest with a little girl was just ridiculous. I hope it gets better.

Watched both. It's ok. B- maybe. The Inquisitors are caricatures.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2022, 08:25:51 PMWatched the two Kenobi episodes. Really enjoyed it. Seeing McGregor as Obi Wan again put a smile on my face. And I appreciated the prequel trilogy refresher at the start of first episode.

I am enjoying the fact that the prequels are no longer shunned. Although I guess that has been the case for a while, what with the success of the animated series and all.

I wonder if in 20 years the sequel trilogy will become beloved. :hmm:

The first prequel should still be shunned. I recently watched the first two before watching the Clone Wars and that first one is just terrible. Respectfully, Zoupa is out to lunch if he thinks the first one had a good plot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Yeah, the plot of the prequels ain't no good at all. Story =/ plot.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 28, 2022, 01:56:22 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2022, 08:25:51 PMWatched the two Kenobi episodes. Really enjoyed it. Seeing McGregor as Obi Wan again put a smile on my face. And I appreciated the prequel trilogy refresher at the start of first episode.

I am enjoying the fact that the prequels are no longer shunned. Although I guess that has been the case for a while, what with the success of the animated series and all.

I wonder if in 20 years the sequel trilogy will become beloved. :hmm:

The first prequel should still be shunned. I recently watched the first two before watching the Clone Wars and that first one is just terrible. Respectfully, Zoupa is out to lunch if he thinks the first one had a good plot.

The plot of episode one, "kid, I know you are potentially the most powerful Jedi we have ever seen and are probably the chosen one, but we can't save your mother from slavery because that's not what we came here to do. You are just going to have to internalize all that pain.  I am sure everything will be ok."

HVC

It stays within the Jedi mind frame of detachment. Plus jedi are dicks.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Something that bugs me: "Ben Kenobi". If he's supposed to be in hiding, using the same surname isn't wise. I know Lucas picked it so Luke could connect the dots, but so could bounty hunters and inquisitors.

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 28, 2022, 12:40:02 PMSomething that bugs me: "Ben Kenobi". If he's supposed to be in hiding, using the same surname isn't wise. I know Lucas picked it so Luke could connect the dots, but so could bounty hunters and inquisitors.

Well, it's not much worse than leaving him under the care of Vader's stepbrother, in Vader's native planet...

Eddie Teach

But Vader thought the kids were dead, didn't he? The manhunt was for Jedi.

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 28, 2022, 12:57:41 PMBut Vader thought the kids were dead, didn't he? The manhunt was for Jedi.

Yeah, but Kenobi is there for the kid. So he's just one Vader nostalgia trip away from being found.

I never understood why they made Anakin a native of Tatooine in the prequels.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on May 28, 2022, 01:03:45 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 28, 2022, 12:57:41 PMBut Vader thought the kids were dead, didn't he? The manhunt was for Jedi.

Yeah, but Kenobi is there for the kid. So he's just one Vader nostalgia trip away from being found.

I never understood why they made Anakin a native of Tatooine in the prequels.

Tatooine is apparently everything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.