News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

You cannot see attachments on this board.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on February 21, 2024, 01:30:39 AM
Quote from: Jacob on February 20, 2024, 08:42:28 PMAlabama supreme court rules that IVF embryos are children:

QuoteOn Friday, the Alabama Supreme Court decided that embryos created through in-vitro fertilization would be protected under the Wrongful Death of a Minor Act, effectively classifying single-celled, fertilized eggs as children.

The case, known as LePage v. Mobile Infirmary Clinic, Inc, rested upon an argument by several intended parents that their "embryonic children" had been victims of a wrongful death when an intruder broke into the IVF clinic, dropping trays containing some of the embryos and ultimately destroying them.

In a 7–2 decision, Alabama's highest court ruled that the clinic had been negligent, allowing the parents to proceed with a wrongful death lawsuit. The court also ruled that it is "the public policy of this state to recognize and support the sanctity of unborn life and the rights of unborn children, including the right to life," referring to the Alabama Constitution's Sanctity of Life Amendment, ratified in 2018."

https://newrepublic.com/post/179122/alabama-supreme-court-bible-embryo-ruling-ivf

How long until they institute penalties for menstruating women who are basically just wasting eggs and not being pregnant? Or men wasting precious sperm masturbating or otherwise not cumming inside a fertile female? Well, strike the latter, they never seem to hold guys responsible when it comes to reproduction. :P

Blowjobs can lead to cannibalism.  :(

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

I gotta admit - the way the extreme GOP fringe has now pivoted to being anti-IVF, anti-birth control is just crazy to me.  They're picking up all these old Roman Catholic positions that the RC church barely believes in any more - and the large majority of GOP proponents aren't even Catholic...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I'm not sure you can really describe those folks as being the extreme GOP. That has always been the evangelical wing of the Republicans. It's just that now they have much more power than ever and so we noticed them more.
I want you to panic

https://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2019/jan/25/i-want-you-to-panic-16-year-old-greta-thunberg-issues-climate-warning-at-davos-video

"Woke" is now almost exclusively used by those who seek to deride it, those who chafe at the activism from which it sprang. Opponents to the idea are seeking to render it toxic. They use it to stand in for change itself, for evolution, for an accurate assessment of history and society that makes them uncomfortable and deflates their hagiographic view of American history.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 23, 2024, 03:17:36 PMI'm not sure you can really describe those folks as being the extreme GOP. That has always been the evangelical wing of the Republicans. It's just that now they have much more power than ever and so we noticed them more.

The weird part is that the Evangelical position was, until like 40 years ago, that life begins at first breath as the bible says. Not sure what happened to that but I am no theologian.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."