News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Computer speaker problem

Started by Monoriu, October 24, 2019, 01:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I am 90% sure that my computer sound is messed up.  The volume seems to be unsteady.  The music becomes bumpy.  The speakers very often turn off by themselves.  Even if I turn them back on, it quickly turns off by itself.  Only way to fix it is to manually disconnect the electricity supply. 

My speakers are more than 10 years old, and I don't mind replacing them.  What I don't want to happen is to replace the speakers, and then find out it is some other problem. 

Thoughts and advice are welcome. 

dps

If they are external speakers (and it sounds like they are) and both (I'm assuming your using 2 speakers and not quadraphonic speakers or something) and they both cut out at the same time, then the problem isn't the speakers themselves.  But that's a lot of assumptions.

Monoriu

Quote from: dps on October 24, 2019, 02:23:47 AM
If they are external speakers (and it sounds like they are) and both (I'm assuming your using 2 speakers and not quadraphonic speakers or something) and they both cut out at the same time, then the problem isn't the speakers themselves.  But that's a lot of assumptions.

Yes, I am using two external speakers.  They have their own power supply and on/off switch.  The switch very often just goes to "off" mode on its own. 

dps

It's a physical switch, and it flips off on it's own?

Monoriu

Quote from: dps on October 25, 2019, 12:07:07 AM
It's a physical switch, and it flips off on it's own?

Not physical.  Electrical, and yes it flips off on its own.  Repeatedly. 

dps

Ok, if they're switching off, as opposed to being turned on but not working, it could be the speakers, but I think it's likely not the speakers themselves, but something in your settings, or possibly a software problem,

mongers

Quote from: Monoriu on October 24, 2019, 02:26:03 AM
Quote from: dps on October 24, 2019, 02:23:47 AM

Yes, I am using two external speakers.  They have their own power supply and on/off switch.  The switch very often just goes to "off" mode on its own.

Don't worry Mono, it's probably just a glitch in the the PLA monitoring software installed on your machine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"