News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on November 24, 2020, 02:49:15 PM
Argent? Will this resoooolve the problem?

Just Hold Your Head Up

(Probably an old man joke)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Been playing a really fun game as Toulouse (earlier start date).  Early on I declared independence from France, there was an early Crusade and I put my son on the throne of Jerusalem, which only lasted about a decade till the Caliphate retook it... oh well.

Then somehow my other son inherited the throne of Navarra (maybe because I banged the Queen of Navarra and he was her son too), and I almost immediately died and so was King of Navarra and Duke of Toulouse, but lost the crown to a vassal, so now I'm Toulouse, a vassal of Navarra and quickly gobbling up the other vassals in Navarra as well as eroding the Kingdom of Aquitaine down.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

There is now a thread on paradox about the anglocentrism of the CK3 start dates.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2020, 04:56:07 AM
There is now a thread on paradox about the anglocentrism of the CK3 start dates.

I don't know what those start dates are, but it doesn't get much more anglocentric than 1066.

Sheilbh

They are. But I think this runs into the issue that in the early Medieval period dates that are Anglo-centric are also relatively Scandi-centric, no?

But yeah I love noodling round East Europe and the dates are not ideal for that.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Just fast forward to the date you want. A large part of the problem is a generation that has grown up without audio and video tapes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 14, 2020, 07:58:22 AM
They are. But I think this runs into the issue that in the early Medieval period dates that are Anglo-centric are also relatively Scandi-centric, no?

Just so, and 1066 was hardly a fine time to be "anglo"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

1453 wasn't a great time to be Anglo either.

The dates are celebrating times the French beat down the rosbif.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Finally had time to play this after a couple of months. Picked my game up back as Kingdom of Romanga. Noticed that the Byzantine Empire had exploded and never put itself back together, so I investigated that. Looks like a Coptic Nubian inherited the throne.

But why wouldn't the dukes just civil war/assassinate until the an Orthodox Greek is back on top? How does the whole thing fall a part and almost every dukedom go there separate way?

This was especially annoying to me because I discovered upon my heir inheriting that she had converted to Orthodoxy, which I just rolled with of course and now we have only one holy site (Antioch).

Also, I enacted High partition. While I do keep about half of the counties, which is appreciated, it will still split up the two kingdoms (Romanga & Africa). <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Got primogeniture just in time. My guy is getting up there in age.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The medieval utopia of the Romanga Empire grows ever more prosperous.  The Renaissance has begun in 1294.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Maladict

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 02, 2021, 10:34:15 AM
The Renaissance has begun in 1294.

It started with misspelling their name?  :P

Richard Hakluyt

Romanga has to be a genre of Japanese comic books  :cool:

jimmy olsen

Ah, shit. Since the Kingdom of Romagna was my primary title the whole game I changed the name of the Empire to match and transposed the n and g. I'll change it when I load up today.

1 Karma Chameleon point