And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2020, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 31, 2020, 12:33:21 PM
Looking at the previews and the gameplay today - including Quill - this looks to have a lot more going on than CK2 and better AI, better modding, better detail,  and more of an RPG.  So got it.

I often get much more into the title grabbing and scheming against my neighbor so find all the RPG stuff a little distracting. I don't know...but I am glad it seems to be good.

I like the fact that choosing options which are consistent with your traits or not, have in game consequences now.

Caliga

Me too.  I think that sounds really great.  I'm definitely not buying this now as it's a P'dox title and we all know it's broke as fuck at the moment, but will probably pick up in the next Steam sale.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2020, 11:34:31 AM
Me too.  I think that sounds really great.  I'm definitely not buying this now as it's a P'dox title and we all know it's broke as fuck at the moment, but will probably pick up in the next Steam sale.

I liked EU IV better early on than what resulted with all the DLCs.  At least that is what I tell myself as the justification :D

downloading now  :cool:

garbon

Interesting that one mods that got early access to CK3, so they could have mod available same day as CK3 release, was a mod that had been made for Imperator. I wonder if that says anything about P'dox's commitment to Imperator.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

My first impression after 5 minutes is that my intimate knowledge of the CK2 UI is of no help. It looks like a better UI but I need to adapt.

The Minsky Moment

Downloading at Gamepass, can't play to much later.

Notices that the site gave a $1,999.99 price for CK3

At that cost you really should be able to play any date.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

Something I love with CK II and now CK III is there's a Booker prize long-listed author I follow on Twitter who absolutely loves this game (and how messy white Medieval familes were) and regularly posts updates and screenshots from his games with commentary. It's a very enjoyable thing that occasionally pops up.

He is having quite the day today :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Don't keep him to yourself, Sheilbh!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Really impressed with the interface and especially all the textual links. 

Zanza

Started a game as Robert Guiscard de Hauteville in 1066.

I concur on the interface, very polished. Quite a few well-known mechanics, but also lots of new stuff like fame, devotion, renown/splendour. Lots of stuff to explore. Lets see how it all fits and whether it makes a good game.

The Brain

Can you make your horse Pope?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Finished the tutorial, looked around the map, when suddenly ....

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 01, 2020, 12:37:56 PM
Something I love with CK II and now CK III is there's a Booker prize long-listed author I follow on Twitter who absolutely loves this game (and how messy white Medieval familes were) and regularly posts updates and screenshots from his games with commentary. It's a very enjoyable thing that occasionally pops up.

He is having quite the day today :lol:

The brown and black ones are not exactly less messy in CK2 :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."