News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

But will it be a mess like their most recent release.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Hoping they finally figure out how to make small states fun and viable. A hope in vain.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2019, 06:17:44 AM
Hoping they finally figure out how to make small states fun and viable. A hope in vain.

CK2 was the one game of theirs where I felt playing as a small Count or Duke was quite fun. Once I reached king level I would usually get bored.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

I'm sure I'll get it in 10 years when it has had its twenty DLCs.

Syt

RPS have summarized the facts so far:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/19/crusader-kings-3-is-happening-heres-ten-things-we-know-so-far/

Also, screenshots.

I'm carefully optimistic about this. CK2 without expansions was great fun to play at launch (after EU3 and HoI3 I was ready to give up on Paradox altogether), and it's only gotten better since.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

I guess they want to release Medieval: Total War?

Also, those character faces look unbelievably crappy.

celedhring

My concern is that there's no way that the game won't feel incredibly barebones at launch compared to CK2+DLCs.

Maladict

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on October 19, 2019, 07:58:42 AM
My concern is that there's no way that the game won't feel incredibly barebones at launch compared to CK2+DLCs.

I guess that will depend on what new features will be added, and if they offer enough fun play mechanics. I don't expect that Muslims, Pagans, or Republics will be playable at launch, and I also expect India to not be part of the game.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2019, 04:45:19 AM
But will it be a mess like their most recent release.

Which one was that?

dps

Maladict

Quote from: dps on October 19, 2019, 08:43:16 AM
Quote from: Maladict on October 19, 2019, 08:02:12 AM
Map doesn't suck.

Put your glasses on, and look again.

I guess Scotland could use some mountains.