And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Response: I've got some bad news for you

garbon

Apparently it is now bumping old threads if you reply to a thread from a month ago and are negative about their DLC. Same thread as prior comment.

I sort of wonder why they maintain the forum when they have so many employees who find it exasperating (which is view that most recently was expressed to ck3 forum by part of project team). Surely it isn't building goodwill.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

It is a shame. but I guess it's the way things are. Most of us, I think, are all EU2 vets where Johan meticulously worked on fixing every bug on his own time. But it's a corporate entity now with budgets and timelines.
I'm looking forward to Vickie III, but after that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be a Pdx loyalist. I just realized in April, I'd be registerd on that forum for 21 years. :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

My son got too stressed learning Soninke and died of stress right after learning that language. :hmm:

That tipped my ruler over the edge and she became addicted to hashish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on March 25, 2022, 02:22:28 PMIt is a shame. but I guess it's the way things are. Most of us, I think, are all EU2 vets where Johan meticulously worked on fixing every bug on his own time. But it's a corporate entity now with budgets and timelines.
I'm looking forward to Vickie III, but after that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be a Pdx loyalist. I just realized in April, I'd be registerd on that forum for 21 years. :huh:

EUI thank you very much

:D

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2022, 09:08:52 AMEUI thank you very much

Yeah, EU1. I spent most of 9/11 on EUOT.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2022, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: Josephus on March 25, 2022, 02:22:28 PMIt is a shame. but I guess it's the way things are. Most of us, I think, are all EU2 vets where Johan meticulously worked on fixing every bug on his own time. But it's a corporate entity now with budgets and timelines.

EUI thank you very much

Oh EU1 got me started too. (hence my april 2001 registration date). I'm just saying EU2 was Johan's real labour of love though.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on March 27, 2022, 06:14:25 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2022, 09:08:52 AM

EUI thank you very much

Oh EU1 got me started too. (hence my april 2001 registration date). I'm just saying EU2 was Johan's real labour of love though.

Just checked: 1st May 2000 for me, kiddo.

HVC

Sept 2002 here. But IIRC I joined to try to get into the CK1 beta. I had been lurking the forum trying to figure out EU1 before that
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

I remember buying EU 1 at a Babbage's in 2000 or 2001, I forget. Found the AAR forums soon after and read a bunch of stories, then started lurking the OT forums.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

I started reading the EU forums in the fall of 2000, registered in December 2000 when I finally had the game.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

Started reading in '99, did not join until sometime 2000.

Razgovory

Summer 2002, while I was off from college working for the city.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 27, 2022, 06:58:39 AMI remember buying EU 1 at a Babbage's in 2000 or 2001, I forget. Found the AAR forums soon after and read a bunch of stories, then started lurking the OT forums.

For me it was the other way around, I first saw EU1 when looking at the Strategy First website (that was the Canadian Publisher) and went from there to a linked AAR on the paradox forum.  I got the game, and the rest is history. 

The EU forum was pretty great back then.

I am not sure why I came here.  I was much later than the rest of you. I think I saw someone talking about Languish on the EU forum and decided to check it out.

Jacob

Wasn't there some other exile forum between EUOT and languish?