Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Wasn't plague a DLC? I can imagine them doing that again :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Solmyr on April 07, 2020, 04:07:36 AM
I read that they are removing plagues from CK3 because people don't like them. So I guess this *is* going to be a generic fantasy RPG.

Hospitals et al were dumb.
Plagues were terribly handled minor events in CK2 even with the expansion.
Removing them entirely is going the wrong way.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 07, 2020, 05:09:06 AM

Yes, was totally unnecessary chrome that they added.

It appears with every diary that CK3, the devs are pained to point out why this iteration is likely skippable.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I read that they are removing plagues from CK3 because people don't like them. So I guess this *is* going to be a generic fantasy RPG.

Where did you read that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2020, 06:04:27 AM

It appears with every diary that CK3, the devs are pained to point out why this iteration is likely skippable.

On paper factions and rebellions will work better, but that's pretty much it so far.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 07, 2020, 07:08:48 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2020, 06:04:27 AM

On paper factions and rebellions will work better, but that's pretty much it so far.

Yeah a little bit. Factions grabbing a ticking clock to doomsday like disaster in EU4 and now with rebellions, won't have that oddity of the rebellion being treated as an independent realm that can be sniped by outside power without declaring war on mother country.

Valmy

What? They were one of the more interesting and challenging parts of the game. Your empire is rolling and then suddenly everything has to shut down because of the black death.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I think having them in there made some sense but they should have been wonders, with one or two functioning ones in the world, and not something you built in every county.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2020, 11:47:22 AM

What? They were one of the more interesting and challenging parts of the game. Your empire is rolling and then suddenly everything has to shut down because of the black death.

Based on the growing wailing over what's been a 2 weeks UK lockdown, I think the game was too easy with them :P

Josquius

I never got that.
I guess the thing is they came late enough in the game that it didn't really matter if you lost a few members of your family as you had plenty more.
I've only very rarely had plagues presenting a problem due to extra attritition when campaigning with large armies.
It has never been the world shattering event it should be.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

It basically shuts down your country for a few years. Everybody locks themselves in their castles and campaigning is a really bad idea...but then it passes by and eventually you get back to the normal murdering, conquering, and pillaging. I thought it was just a cool little event that breaks things up. Same with the regular diseases.

And it was not really that earth shattering to the Royals at the time. Only one King died from the plague.

MadImmortalMan

Unless you had that bug where they lasted for four or five decades.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Yeah, I really liked plague events. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I can't help think with CK3 that they are treating the base game like a mod with its 100 religions and they insane provincial build out of ancillary regions.

garbon

Religious map for Tibet: