MS flight Simulator and the future of map building

Started by Iormlund, October 01, 2019, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Liep on August 11, 2020, 11:00:57 PM
Will this be available on the new Xbox coming in November? If not I might also follow the Languish builders again as I too am with a 2013 PC.

It'll be available on there at some point, don't know if that's on release or not.  They're doing the play anywhere thing, where if you buy it from the Xbox/Microsoft store (aka not Steam), you can play it on both PC and console without having to buy another copy.

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on August 11, 2020, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 11, 2020, 07:54:59 AM
I am now eyeing new video cards for this. :hmm:

I am just wondering if I might as well go ahead and do a full core system upgrade (new CPU, mobo, RAM) while I'm at it.

If you do, let me know what you decide on.  My current rig is a dupe of your 2013 build, and has been terrific all this time.  I'm thinking of getting a new rig and wouldn;t mind leaning on your expertise once again.
Will do. :thumbsup:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Is there a reasonably priced control stick out there these days?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

I have seen videos of people flying over Madrid and Barcelona and I'm in awe.

Pity you can't shoot down MiGs on this thing.

Syt

I've learned that the company that created the technology for creating the 3D environments from satellite images is Austrian, from Graz/Styria :o

https://blackshark.ai/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on August 14, 2020, 02:04:39 PM
Is there a reasonably priced control stick out there these days?

Thrustmaster Airbus repro is 70$.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

Quote from: celedhring on August 14, 2020, 02:13:57 PM
Pity you can't shoot down MiGs on this thing.

Yeah. If this were a military sim I'd jump with both feet. Especially something like Apache/Havoc.

Syt

LGR posted a few pictures from where he grew up on Twitter. This is Winston-Salem, NC in game:

From a similar angle IRL:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Saw some footage of Istanbul that looked absolutely dreadful. High-rises in between Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, Topkapi turned into office buildings. The AI definitely doesn't get it all right.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Maladict on August 17, 2020, 05:36:46 PM
Saw some footage of Istanbul that looked absolutely dreadful. High-rises in between Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, Topkapi turned into office buildings. The AI definitely doesn't get it all right.

It's already incorporating Erdogan's building program.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Ok so I could find my home in Hungary, sort of. :D

Actually flying in from afar it was excellent, I could easily identify parts of the town the road going in etc.

The houses looked nothing like the real ones from up close but you could see the that the game did use actual data to try and guess them,

It was worse with my wife's old home. It is in the middle of a mid-size Polish city right next to a big and pretty church. The church ended up being flat in th game :D so it took as a while to find the spot of her home.

Caliga

I decided to put off getting this until a few patches have come out AND I can, at the very least, get around to upgrading my video card, if not CPU/mobo/RAM.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on August 18, 2020, 07:40:23 AM
I decided to put off getting this until a few patches have come out AND I can, at the very least, get around to upgrading my video card, if not CPU/mobo/RAM.

I have an intel 6600K (not overclocked) CPU, 16GB RAM (IIRC) a Geforce 1660, and the game is on an SSD.

It has no trouble running on High, EXCEPT so far in the greater London area where the first minute or so was quite choppy. Once it was done loading whatever it was loading it seemed fine. Absolutely no problem handling the less urban-filled areas though.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 17, 2020, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: Maladict on August 17, 2020, 05:36:46 PM

It's already incorporating Erdogan's building program.

Next it'll be Speer's.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould