MS flight Simulator and the future of map building

Started by Iormlund, October 01, 2019, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-system-requirements/

QuoteMicrosoft Flight Simulator is still scheduled for a vague 2020 release, though alpha testing has been in progress since October. It's a highly anticipated instalment, and it doesn't take much reading to figure out why: in addition to simulating the entire world, it'll also implement real-time air traffic, and all 37,000 real world airports will feature in it.

You'd think a pretty high end rig would be needed for all this, but it turns out the minimum specs for Microsoft Flight Simulator are fairly reasonable. That said, there's also 'recommended' and 'ideal' tiers, and the latter reckons you should have an RTX 2080 / Radeon VII and 32GB RAM.

Without further ado:

Microsoft Flight Simulator minimum specs
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 / Intel i5-4460
GPU: Radeon RX 570 / NVIDIA GTX 770
VRAM: 2GB
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 150GB
Bandwidth: 5 Mbps

Microsoft Flight Simulator recommended specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 1500X / Intel i5-8400
GPU: Radeon RX 590 / Nvidia GTX 970
VRAM: 4GB
RAM: 16GB
HDD: 150GB
Bandwidth: 20 Mbps

Microsoft Flight Simulator ideal specs
CPU: Ryzen 7 Pro 2700X / Intel i7-9800X
GPU: Radeon VII / Nvidia RTX 2080
VRAM: 8GB
RAM: 32GB
HDD: 150GB (SSD recommended)
Bandwidth: 50 Mbps
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quotereal-time air traffic

The virtual skies will be emptier than in the previous Flight Simulator game.  :lol:

PDH

Ed would have played just to kamikaze a Cessna 182 into some git flying a DC-3 from an add-on content person.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on May 14, 2020, 07:26:20 AM
https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-system-requirements/

QuoteMicrosoft Flight Simulator is still scheduled for a vague 2020 release, though alpha testing has been in progress since October. It's a highly anticipated instalment, and it doesn't take much reading to figure out why: in addition to simulating the entire world, it'll also implement real-time air traffic, and all 37,000 real world airports will feature in it.

You'd think a pretty high end rig would be needed for all this, but it turns out the minimum specs for Microsoft Flight Simulator are fairly reasonable. That said, there's also 'recommended' and 'ideal' tiers, and the latter reckons you should have an RTX 2080 / Radeon VII and 32GB RAM.

Oh wow, I might actually be able to play this  :cool:

Tamas

This will be releasing on 18 August.

On GamePass as well! :w00t:

Install size 150GB, I think I'll be buying a new SSD.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on July 14, 2020, 04:16:50 AM

Wow, glad I recently upgraded mine. :sleep:

I would probably need to upgrade my video card as well, but my mobo is from like 2015, so... maybe I'll end up having to do more than just the card. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on July 16, 2020, 08:37:56 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 14, 2020, 04:16:50 AM

Wow, glad I recently upgraded mine. :sleep:

I would probably need to upgrade my video card as well, but my mobo is from like 2015, so... maybe I'll end up having to do more than just the card. :hmm:

I am a bit foggy on the CPU generations and codes but I am hoping I can get decent quality out of it. I have an i5-6600K, 16 Gigs of RAM and a Geforce 1660, and I play in 1920*1080

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

IIRC my config should be somewhere between recommended and optimum.

For pretty much all other games even very recent ones I can set everything to the highest setting, so here's hoping. That's only because I won't (can't) go above 1920*1080 though, my graphics card would struggle with higher resolutions.

Grey Fox

I'm wondering if I should buy a Yoke.

Tamas, you should buy the physical version.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 16, 2020, 09:32:39 AM
I'm wondering if I should buy a Yoke.

Tamas, you should buy the physical version.

Gamepass for me, thank you very much.

Grey Fox

Tamas

Grey Fox

What type of control method will you use to play the game?